How to determine paint code

Moderator: FORDification

witness

How to determine paint code

Post by witness »

I have a 67 camper special but the stamp is missing the the paint code. I guess it was special order. This is the vin F25YRA15503 and I found the Owner card and it has these numbers as well F250 81 A 24. Does anyone know how to decipher the Owner card to see if it has the color code on it. It is a light blue and white two tone.
jmarquez

Re: How to determine paint code

Post by jmarquez »

I am purchasing a 1967 ford f250 and want to make sure it's correct on paint.
this is what it states: 131 MU F250 C81 G24 I also wanted to know if you could tell me if 352 was the correct motor?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

witness: If the warranty tag is missing a paint code, then it's definitely a special order color, one for which Ford didn't have a truck paint code to insert in that spot. While Ford would stray off truck paint selections on a special-order basis, it still had to be one that was already being used by the car division. You can get the code for the color off the build sheet, if you can find it...usually they're sandwiched between the rear seat back springs and foam. If yours is gone, then you'd have to contact Marti Autoworks and pay them to run your VIN and give you all the pertinent color info. If you're just wanting to get it close, find an area on your truck which was painted but not subjected to years of sunlight or being covered by a previous owner's paint job...like under the dash pad...to see what the original paint looked like. That owner card won't have that paint info.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

jmarquez: You can visit the following link which will help you decode your warranty tag info:

http://www.fordification.com/tech/VIN67.htm

The numbers you posted are also off the owner's card, which won't have the paint info...but the warranty tag on the driver's door will.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
witness

Post by witness »

Thanks for the reply. The door plate was not stamped with the code. I have the seat out so I will look for the build sheet. I was wondering where it was so that's a big help
witness

Post by witness »

The DSO number is 740509.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

If the warranty tag doesn't have a paint code, that means it's a special-order color...not one of the standard colors available on trucks for that model year. The fact that you have a DSO number at all verifies that it WAS a special order. The first two digits identifies the district which ordered the vehicle...in your case, 74 would be Seattle. The last four digits are the number that coincides with the invoice, which of course would detail the truck's paint color, but it's not something we have access to here.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video