Hood hinge spring confusion

Moderator: FORDification

Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Hood hinge spring confusion

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Lone Ranger wrote:ok guys reading through these I got a question every time I work on my truck then drive it. If the hood doesn't latch all the way or at all- will it fly up and smash my windshield /cab goin down the road? After every time I work in there I pull over and check it quick cause it's easy just to push it down and forget.
Anybody else paranoid like me about it?
I just give mine a little tug upward after I put it down to make sure its latched all the way - its got a secondary catch on it to keep it from flying up if it isn't down all the way but if it it isn't on it it sure can fly open........and speaking from experience it will do some damage......not to mention trying to not let anyone know you had an "accident" and need a clean pair of drawers.......... :oops:

Its an attention getter you don't wanna experience........ :eek:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Hood hinge spring confusion

Post by Lone Ranger »

Ohiotinkerer wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:ok guys reading through these I got a question every time I work on my truck then drive it. If the hood doesn't latch all the way or at all- will it fly up and smash my windshield /cab goin down the road? After every time I work in there I pull over and check it quick cause it's easy just to push it down and forget.
Anybody else paranoid like me about it?
I just give mine a little tug upward after I put it down to make sure its latched all the way - its got a secondary catch on it to keep it from flying up if it isn't down all the way but if it it isn't on it it sure can fly open........and speaking from experience it will do some damage......not to mention trying to not let anyone know you had an "accident" and need a clean pair of drawers.......... :oops:

Its an attention getter you don't wanna experience........ :eek:
Yikes I hope your truck was ok. You can always replace drawers haha. I guess I'll continue being paranoid about it and always check it before I drive.
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle