Born In A Small Town

Post your hosted videos from YouTube, Google, etc.

Moderator: FORDification

Forum rules
Videos are only allowed in the Video Gallery forum....not in a post in any other forum. Videos posted to any other will be immediately moved as needed. One video per thread, please! Nothing allowed of an adult, political or religious nature. For further rules and how-to's, click here.
68 Ford Stepside
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Born In A Small Town

Post by 68 Ford Stepside »

As I am nearing the end of the road of life, i find that i spend most days thinking about the past. This old song was written for fellows like me. Enjoy listening to it & treat the people you deal with in life with respect. Have A Great Ford Day! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_BF9xvE90Q
"Have A Great Ford Day"
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Born In A Small Town

Post by basketcase0302 »

Have always enjoyed his music, thanks for sharing. :)
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

One of my favorites too! I grew up overseas throughout the Middle East from 1968 - 1976. When we moved back to the states permanently, we moved to my mother's home town where her parents lived. Cotton Valley, population 250. K-12 grade in one building. A grocery store, a bank, a convenience store and a drive in hamburger/ice cream joint. My fondest memories are of those times when we never locked our doors and it didn't matter if the kids went out and played 'cause all the neighbor's kept an eye on them and you did theirs, too. Our kids talk about wanting to go places and see the world. I tell them "I've seen the world, I wasn't impressed." There's no place like home, especially in a small town. Thanks for sharing with us!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Montana71-F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Montana71-F100 »

I like that song too. I live in Stanford, MT, population 400, It's the county seat of a county with no traffic lights. It's a big city compared to Cotton Valley but sargentrs's description pretty much describes the place except we have a few more businesses:
sargentrs wrote:Cotton Valley, population 250. K-12 grade in one building. A grocery store, a bank, a convenience store and a drive in hamburger/ice cream joint. My fondest memories are of those times when we never locked our doors and it didn't matter if the kids went out and played 'cause all the neighbor's kept an eye on them and you did theirs, too.
Thanks for posting.
Kurt Combs
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Kurt Combs »

Thanks 68 Stepside, I enjoyed the video and the music. I too was raised in a small town.

I was raised in Cotati, CA, population 1200. Rural and semi agricultural. Everyone knew who you were and we didn't lock our doors either. It has changed a lot. Populations has spiked in that area and the traffic is terrible. About 12 years ago my wife and I made the decision to more to Lakeport, CA where the population is much smaller and a traffic jam is five cars at a stop sign, we don't have any stop lights in the town. The teenagers want out to see the world, but they come back in their thirties to raise their kids. The high school football game on Friday night is a social event and a place to say high to lots of people. Luckily I won't be around when this place is over populated and loses its charm. I figure at 64 years of age I'll be gone before this place changes too much.
Kurt
1972 F-250
Camper Special

Post by Camper Special »

very Nice compilation of videos to the music... love that song. I was born and raised in SoCal.. my bucket list is to drive around our great country and experience small town USA first hand :)
Out of order, I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too [censored]' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place! Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know?..And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, [censored] YOU TOO! - Lt Col. Frank Slade
1972 F100 4x4 Calypso Coral
1970 F250 H/B Harbor Blue
1970 F250 CS Red
1970 F250 H/B Yucatan gold I'm back!
Pat Crash

Post by Pat Crash »

Great song to drive a bump to. Love the sound coming out of just one speaker.
1971 Ford F100 Ranger XLT Long Bed — 360 with C6 Automatic — 9" with 3.00 Gear Ratio