Blown 460 800HP for $3500?

Online listings for vehicles only. No parts listings please.

Moderator: FORDification

MadJoe

Blown 460 800HP for $3500?

Post by MadJoe »

Thought this had to be a scammer post, but everything I can find out so far seems legit. The photo doesn't show up anywhere else on the interwebs that Google can find, the phone number is a legitimate number to a farm in Groton owned and op'd by a guy named Michael. Thinking about going to see it tonight if he's available, but probably won't be buying it because I kind of like being married to my wife. :lol:

SUPERCHARGED FORD 460 FULLY BUILT - $3500 (GROTON)
1971 F-350 DRW SWB Stake Body
360 FE
C6 transmission
OEM disc brakes
OEM power steering
Dana 70 4.10 rear end
Ranchero50

Re: Blown 460 800HP for $3500?

Post by Ranchero50 »

Yeah, scary type deal where the seller doesn't really list what's in the engine. Heck, it could be a junk yard engine with a new blower and basic carbs installed. Seller should be willing to pop the oil pan and valve covers off at the bare minimum. That'll show what in there for the most part.

Many moons ago I was supposed to do a customers car with an eBay rebuilt engine from some 'racing' shop down South. Engine had new stock sized pistons in the old bores, old valves etc. Engine was barely clean on the outside, trashed inside. Once the seller agreed with the customer to refund the money and send a truck for it I bashed the new piston back into the hole without compressing the rings trashing everything. Seller was pissed and the customer got a Autozone reman for slightly more money.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.