Buyer Beware this guy wants your money

Online listings for parts/related. No vehicles please.

Moderator: FORDification

chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Buyer Beware this guy wants your money

Post by chicof100 »

For those of you who like getting ripped off, If you like paying way to much for crap you probably already have, then look at this guys stuff.
Mr. Hertado has some good driver quality pieces, priced as if they were new or NOS, he would really like to get his hands on your money.
He's advertising polished aluminum grilles with scratches, dents and dings. I guess that's so you can give away your money then put his cheap crap on your truck and not worry if anything happens to it.
He'll cover imperfections, he'll tell you things like "It should have came this way" Here's an example.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-F100-FORD- ... 1797187956

Why am I telling you guys this? Why am I showing his listing? I'm trying to educate the ones who are looking for quality at a reasonable price.
This seller has come out bashing my "Show Quality grilles" He will list his hand polish (If you can call it that) at the same price as my Show Quality grilles. Buyer Beware.
Several months ago I got an email through ebay that a customer was not happy with my "Polished Aluminum" grille, Turns out he bought from Mr. Hertado thinking it was one of my grilles. HAHAHAHA. As I said buyer beware.
I've had individuals who have bought from him asking if I would polish their grille for them, I tell them to take that up with the guy they bought it from because I will not polish at a discount because you bought at a stupid price then want me to make it right. Buyer Beware.
This guy will take your money and not care.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Buyer Beware this guy wants your money

Post by hazelnut »

I didn't see where the guy is dishonest about what he has to sell, He says it's got dents and it dose.

Also didn't read anywhere of him bashing anyone.

Why do you have to bring your ebay drama to this site ? How many times is this one make ?

If you need to complain about someone selling the same as you then maybe you need to file a complaint with ebay and not fordification.
chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by chicof100 »

Mr. Hazelnut, you speak words of wisdom and knowledge. You know the only reason I come to this site is to complain.
People like you allow the un-knowing to get burnt. People like you will sell a truck that is falling apart to an un-suspecting kid just so you can take their money. And what would you say "I don't see where I'm dishonest about what I sell, I said it's got dents and it dose."
You must be cut from the same cloth.
As for what I do, I don't burn anyone I treat everyone right and I educate them as I go along. If I'm asked about a product I'll give the truth. Or I won't sell you something if your unsure. I'll educate you.
I know you know everything so there is no educating you, but the thousands of others who come here for knowledge and education as to where to buy quality parts are out of luck. If your providing them with knowledge. you just sell them your stuff or your buddy's stuff and laugh all the way to the bank.
I don't have a problem with this seller selling his crap, I do have a problem with someone misrepresenting there item. Anyone can sell on ebay or C.L. but if you see something that's not right maybe you should warn others.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

First off you would better to know who and what your talking about when your talking about me. I didn't bash or make assumptions about you but you try to paint a picture about me because of your own ignorance. So don't. Don't degrade me because you don't like the writing, It's childish.

When I sell something I describe as is and don't mislead anyone, The same as you try to do. So you can stick your judgment where the sun don't shine. Give your, You are the greatest speech to some else. You only refinish grille's. It's not hard to do.

Remember the last person from ebay you come on here and bashed !!! I want to thank you for that. When the guy come here to respond to your childish crap I sent him a PM. He told me all about his dealings with you, After what he told me I agreed with him and didn't blame him for not buying from you for you actions. I did sell him a grille for $1600 though. So I guess one thing is true that you've said about me in the past. I am a "GRILLE GURU" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW: The ebay listing dose warn people about the grille, And has clear pictures showing the dent. But I guess when someone sells the same product as you then the best way to try to get a edge is by putting someone down. He never mentioned you in his ad. That speaks volumes about you in it's self means that you have to bad mouth him.

I'm not getting into a sparing match with you here, I'm tired of the drama because you want to be the only one selling grilles on ebay.
chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by chicof100 »

Ok you win. You are the almighty Guru and at this point I must apologize for doubting you or assuming you do business with anything less than perfection.
While not as experienced as you, I have reconditioned over 450 grilles, most of them being 67-69. I have repeat customers so at least they like my product.
So one day I hope to speak as eloquently as you. I will try not to put anyone down, even if someone else will pay the price. I do not need help in selling my grilles, I don't now nor have I ever had competition. I don't do what I do to get rich. I do it for the love of Bump trucks.
I have over 300 pictures on my garage walls of satisfied customers, that in itself is a testament to the quality of my work.
So I will end this with a bow to your "Grille Guru-ship" and ask to be forgiven, obviously I am not worthy of exchanging dialog with you on any level.
And just for the record in case we need to argue some more,
"Dose" = quantity of ? You must take the proper dose of medicine for it to be effective.
"Does" = To do something. He does not give all information needed, to make a good decision.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
nastys toys
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by nastys toys »

As long as the items any seller has to sell is describing the product in detail and lists any defects. One can not get mad over what another person is selling there stuff for. Even if you are selling the same thing for the same price and it's in 100 times better shape. There's a sucker born every minute. There's unlimited resources on the internet to turn to now days when buying just about any part. If The buyers ready to boot up money before comparing then that's on them. No need to bash another seller to better yourself if yours is the best. unless they clearly hide any damage to items and pass them off as perfect. Then they have every right to call out fraud. With that being said I'm just ranting in general with selling parts as I buy and sell to. not getting involved in your guys argument. But I must say if I ever need a grille for a quality built truck and not just a cruiser. Robert has the best grilles hands down and he will get my business every time. :thup:
chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by chicof100 »

Thank you Nastys toys, While I have enjoyed selling parts, mainly grilles it will be soon that I hang up my buffing wheels.
When sellers claim "Polished Aluminum" and it has scratches and dents and dings that's a blow to those of us who polish aluminum.
Warning others isn't cool because you need to put someone else down, and some people don't like that.
While education comes in all forms, I won't try to make people look closely before they buy. Ebay is a big selling place where anyone can sell.
Some choose to do it right and honestly, while others try to beat others down.
I've been dealing with this guy for a couple of years, I watch his stuff and he watches mine. None of you guys know the whole story of this guy and I won't elaborate. Yes ebay was involved and sort of put an end to certain things.
I used to have fun doing this. Polishing is a dangerous profession, you can easily loose body parts, fingers, hands, arms and even your face. So I take exception to ones comment about their item being polished.
Never the less I have a few grilles and parts that I will be listing as always but when my supply runs out, that's it for me. I won't be looking for any more parts, my car might last longer. Lol I rack up 400 miles every weekend looking for grilles and parts, that was fun, but I'm tired.
So soon will be the end of a good thing. Most likely within a year.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

:pop:
rwilly
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by rwilly »

" I did sell him a grille for $1600 though"

Did you really get $1600.00 for a grille???!!