Cell phone holder?!?!?

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

CobrajetF-250428

Cell phone holder?!?!?

Post by CobrajetF-250428 »

I've posted a few questions concerning hard line fuel routing and 89810 hedman header fitment and got only a few replies, thanks to those who did. I realize that maybe my questions have been covered before and I have discovered that on my own and since have solved my issues on my own. No hard feelings and I am not complaining but I just came across a thread where someone asks about a frigging cell phone holder and it get like 14-15 replies................really! Personally who the "F" cares about a cell phone holder for what ever reason for a bumpside, dentside slick 60's or ANY classic American iron..............again just saying really?
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Cell phone holder?!?!?

Post by sargentrs »

:lol: Funny how that works, huh? But really, when it comes to highly technical or high skill subjects, like fuel line routing or header fitment, people tend to not respond unless have actual accurate knowledge or experience in the subject. More people probably read the thread but did not respond because they just didn't know. I respect and applaud this because then you're not getting an opinion but you're getting real technical knowledge or actual experience. At least that's the way I read and post. On off the wall subjects, like the cell phone holder, where it's not original to the truck, almost everybody has an opinion or suggestion. A lot of people have at least some knowledge on some aspect of the installation or would like to have something similar in their truck so they post advice or ask more questions. If you were able to solve your particular problem then please post your solutions or findings. Then you become one of the knowledgeable and don't be surprised if you don't find your post mentioned by another member next time somebody else has a similar issue. I have a lot of technical threads saved for reference and have posted them up to other members who have had dilemmas that somebody else has solved. When I see one that tickles my memory, I search my "library" and refer that poster to that technical thread. We're all here to share knowledge and help each other out so please don't take offense and share what you have learned with the rest of us.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
71Fe2O3

Re: Cell phone holder?!?!?

Post by 71Fe2O3 »

I'm with sargentrs on this one. I read most posts, but only respond to those for which I think I can add some value. It seems that most people on here also do that. It is a nice contrast to sites where people chime in to say they don't know, or supply vague and speculative information, or, worse, attack each other. There is a lot of knowledge here, in the real time responses and in the threads, and, though it can feel lonely when your question is met by silence, it may just mean that nobody knew the answer, and I would rather have that than have to wade through a dozen unhelpful responses.
Fred

1970 F100 4WD short bed, 360 engine, very rusty plow and yard truck

1971 F100 2WD long bed, 302 engine, on the road

1968 F100 2WD long bed, 360 engine, stripping for parts