Couple more interior questions *radio delete and seat belts

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

1guydude
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Couple more interior questions *radio delete and seat belts

Post by 1guydude »

I had another question but it was answered in my other thread.

Radio delete or radio? Im having problems finding an OG 1967 radio. Id prefer the radio cuz i see ppl using ipod or phone hook ups to.play whatever!
Decent priced? Working? Uhhhhg
If i get the delete...should i just go aftermarket and mount it below the dash?

Seatbelts....shop gave me the cheap parts store napa red button $5 lap belts. Almost generic or fake looking. Theu said they pulled on em 3 times hard and they were coming un done or not working...
Fast fwd to now. I have no.seat belts. Id like the aircraft style lap belts or of i can get the over the shoulder kind in...plz tell.me what all i need to do. Thanks and sources for good.price parts are great.
D
2008 bmw 528i
1967 ford f100
2014 vw tiguan
2016 kawasaki 250f
2015 KTM rc390
2014 audi tt Quatro s
Braaaaap!
71Fe2O3

Re: Couple more interior questions *radio delete and seat belts

Post by 71Fe2O3 »

I replaced the seatbelts in mine last summer because the old ones were dirty and worn, and because my son, raised in an age of child safety seats and mandatory belt use, did not want to ride in the truck any more because he thought it was unsafe. I looked around online for a while and eventually bought a set from Juliano's in Enfield CT because I liked their prices and selection, and also because they are near enough to where I live that I was able to drive to their store, have a direct conversation with a person, and save on shipping. The employee I dealt with, who may have been the owner, was very knowledgeable and friendly-he asked thoughtful questions that helped me to make a choice that I am happy with.

They sell U.S.-made belts in a variety of colors, have several styles of latches, reasonable prices, and they also carry other hardware you might need such as bolts, anchor plates and offset brackets. Though you can order online, I suggest calling. There is more to it than I realized, and a knowledgeable sales person can make all the difference.

In addition to color and latch style, you will need to decide whether to stay with lap belts, which are available in a variety of lengths with or without retractors, or upgrade to modern shoulder belts. I stayed with lap because the shoulder belts cost more than I was willing so spend, and also because installation seemed to be considerably more involved. Lap belts are about $30 per set, whereas shoulder belts go from $80 to $120.

I installed retractor belts on the driver and passenger sides and non-retractors in the center. There are threads on here about shoulder belt installation if you decide to go that route. Installation was pretty straightforward. The main challenge I faced was that the bolts were very tight and, with the seat in, access was a pain. Fine threads, tight, torx-head bolts, and challenging access made for many partial turns-and tested my strength and patience. Once I removed the original bolts I chased the threads with a tap, and replaced the round torx-head bolts with standard hex-head ones. I also ground some metal from the base of the retractor brackets to make them fit without getting in the way of the seat or door.

http://www.julianos.com
Fred

1970 F100 4WD short bed, 360 engine, very rusty plow and yard truck

1971 F100 2WD long bed, 302 engine, on the road

1968 F100 2WD long bed, 360 engine, stripping for parts
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Not my truck but in my '74 Dodge Dart I bought a cheap $11 20w Chinese amp off eBay and mounted it on the tranny hump but could be hidden anywhere. The amp had a 3.5mm mp3 player jack. I picked up a headphone jack extension cord and ran it under the dash and along side the ashtray with the Jack sticking out of the ashtray a little. I bought a $15 portable mp3 player, clipped it on the front of the ashtray and plugged in the amp. A couple of 6×9's in the back deck and I had tunes. I could also plug my phone into it and prop it up on the ashtray and have Bluetooth phone calls. Since my Speedo was broke I used the GPS function on my phone for a Speedo. You could mount the amp behind your seat and run the cord through your seat cushions. Get a nice bench seat console box and clip the mp3 player on the cup holder. For my Fairlane I bought a Pioneer 60w/channelx4 mp3/usb/bluetooth/FM unit and mounted it under my under dash AC. Came with a Bluetooth mic so I have Bluetooth phone calls in my '64 Fairlane and 200 classic rock tunes on a flash drive. 8) The unit would fit easily in the same console box. Here's the console I have on the seat of my Fairlane. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/outl ... 23/4607723. Necessity is the mother of invention!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
3 Speed

Post by 3 Speed »

Seatbeltpros.com. Check the threads here for tips. U installed two shoulder belts and a center lap belt in my 67. Airline style to match the 67 option. Easy job, and my truck had the pre-rhreaded mounts for shoulder belts.
67 F101 Custom Cab longbed, 352 V8, 3 speed manual
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Both LMC and Dennis Carpenter have new seat belts in factory colors for decent prices. I can remember through the years a few members changing to the shoulder, (from the lap belt) style seat belts. I personally believe it could asily be done using dent era, (73'-79') Ford truck shoulder belts. I've owned many dents and don't remember there being anything "structural" at the top mounting point of the cab but advise finding a picture of that area of an 73-79 and go from there. :wink:
http://www.lmctruck.com/ford/

http://dennis-carpenter.com
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
travlinjohn

Post by travlinjohn »

Check out www.seatbeltsplus.com. I purchased 3 point retractable seat belts with chrome lift latch and a hardware kit for, at the time, $150.00. Installation was a snap. I used the hardware kit but still had to buy bolts for the shoulder attachment point.Postby travlinjohn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:00 pm
I just installed retractable seat belts from http://www.seatbeltsplus.com in my 1967 F100. Seatbeltsplus.com has a section for Ford Trucks but I don't think you need to use those seat belts. The Ford belts from that section come with hardware to install belts in trucks that don't have attachment points on the cab behind the driver/passenger. These belts cost way more than the regular 3 pt harness.
3 Point Retractable Seat Belt With Chrome Lift Latch Price ea
Code: WSCH300
Price: $65.95 These are the belts I used.

Seatbelt.jpg

Attachments

Seatbelt2.jpg
Seatbelt2.jpg (43.65 KiB) Viewed 105 times

Seatbelt1.jpg
Seatbelt1.jpg (46.89 KiB) Viewed 105 times

"Laugh Hard, Hang Tough, Lend a Hand"
"Laugh Hard, Hang Tough, Lend a Hand"
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

There was a recent thread on Fordification's Facebook page about this, and someone said that 81-93 Dodge pickup seat belts will work in a bump.
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
71Fe2O3

Post by 71Fe2O3 »

81-93 Dodge pickup seat belts will work in a bump
That may be the case, but you can get new belts that meet current safety standards in the color and latch style you want for a relatively small expense ($30 per set for lap belts) without the hassle of combing through junkyards, and if you have to remove the belts from the donor vehicle, buying new is less effort. The bolts that hold them in are tight and can be rusty and difficult to access.
Fred

1970 F100 4WD short bed, 360 engine, very rusty plow and yard truck

1971 F100 2WD long bed, 302 engine, on the road

1968 F100 2WD long bed, 360 engine, stripping for parts