Phone Holder

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Divari

Phone Holder

Post by Divari »

Anyone have any ideas for either a custom phone holder, or a store-bought one that doesn't look out of place in our bumpsides? I have a '68 F250, with 3 on the tree.

I saw an old thread where a guy converted his ashtray to a phone holder, but Photobucket deleted his pics.

Any ideas? Thanks.
IMG_1521.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Phone Holder

Post by Canonman67 »

I'm the ashtray guy. I'll see if I can upload the pics when I get off work. It came out pretty well, nothing rubs on the wipers and the charging ports work.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

I just chuck mine up on the dash.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Ranchero50 wrote:I just chuck mine up on the dash.

And hope it doesn't slide out the window when you make a turn............ :doh: :lol:

Yes this is a true life experience...been there - done that........ :cuss:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

Personnally, if I'm driving my bump, I don’t give a #@$&*%^ about the phone. It slides around on the bench seat, or sits in an aftermarket trash can on the hump. If I go out of town, I take the Camry. Sorry, not to offend, this is just my :2cents: for how/when/where I drive my bump.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
Divari

Post by Divari »

Thanks Canonman, I appreciate it!

As far as the rest of the responses, it's my only transportation besides my Harley, which is currently down. Lol. I have that little ammo can boom box I made, as my stereo right now and it's Bluetooth. So I'm trying to get a setup going where I can easily operate Spotify on my phone without being a danger to society. Lol. Plus I just ordered a Retrosound Model 2 stereo, and am starting to put a sound system together. So I'd really like to make my phone interface a lot more convenient with the tunes.
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by HIO Silver »

A 90s Bronco center console's cup holder between the bucket seats.
70 F100 LB 2WD, 360FE, E-Street EFI, TKO-500, 76K original miles.. follow my rebuild: The Lo-Buck Bumpside
71 F250 LB, 2WD, 360FE, T18, PS, PB, D60 with 4.11s
73 F100 SB 4WD, 390FE, NP435, +4 on 35s

01 Ferrari 360 Spider F1
01 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 4WD
01 PT Cruiser Limited (DD)
68 Mustang
65 Mustang
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

colnago wrote:Personnally, if I'm driving my bump, I don’t give a #@$&*%^ about the phone. It slides around on the bench seat, or sits in an aftermarket trash can on the hump. If I go out of town, I take the Camry. Sorry, not to offend, this is just my :2cents: for how/when/where I drive my bump.

Joseph
You sound like me - only reason its in the bump with me is so I can plug it in to the aux jack in the radio and run my XM thru it.......playing old country songs on Willie's Roadhouse to make the wife complain........ :lol:

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

Hi Divari,

I put most of the photos back so you can see what I ended up with. Here's a link to save time. http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =6&t=80292
I'm going the RetroSound route also, it's just way too convenient to use the phone through the radio to stream music and use the GPS especially since I built the truck to haul a travel trailer on vacation. I'll be making a panel for the glovebox for charging and direct radio access pretty soon. I may redo the entire glovebox, I haven't really decided yet.

Good luck with your truck and let us know what you do for your phone.

Ohio Tinkerer, I thought I was the only one.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Canonman67 wrote: Ohio Tinkerer, I thought I was the only one.

Gotta have my tunes when I cruise........and irritate the wife when I get the chance! I also checked out the ashtray phone holder and I like that better than the ideas I was floating around....may also do that with mine! Nice setup!

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Divari

Post by Divari »

Cannonman,

Thanks for putting the pics back up. That's a really cool design with the integrated charging port. But I'm looking to mount my phone on the outside somewhere in the same way those cheap store bought ones do. Just hoping to figure out a way to make it look not so cheap. Lol. My buddy and I are going to experiment with using a clip style holder attached to the ashtray by removing the little handle. We'll see if it works this weekend.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

Mine also sits up on the dash. I've got the carpet like dash pad so the phone stays put. A little cord plugs into the front of my radio so the phone can't move to far
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

Divari wrote:I have that little ammo can boom box I made, as my stereo right now and it's Bluetooth.
I didn't know what you meant here, so I had to go to google. Those are sweet! I need to make one of those for my garage!

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.