Windows stuck - no roll

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

F25HR

Windows stuck - no roll

Post by F25HR »

Last fall, I successfully swapped out the door locks and Ignition tumbler with a new key on my '68. Few days after- the passenger-side window stops once rolled down about an inch, but roll back up. The truck has been sitting most of the winter and it now seems as though the drivers-side window will not roll down at all. Is there something obvious within these doors that causes such a thing? :hmm: I'll be tearing them back apart regardless, but thought I'd ask.
69Ford
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Windows stuck - no roll

Post by 69Ford »

did you take the arm rests off before this happened. What happened to me is when I put the armrests back on the screws went to far in and when I rolled the window down about an inch it hit the armrest screw and stopped. loosen up the screws this may be your problem. Let us know.
1969 Ford F100 Styleside standard cab 360 C6
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

There used to be a "how-to" for rebuilding the windows on this site, but it's no longer there. It was an older magazine article w/ pictures if I recall.
I think Kieth might have put it up.

It had older pictures of the disassembly, re-assembly, and was the best "how-to" I had seen.
Does anyone have the link to it?
emeraldcoupe

Post by emeraldcoupe »

maybe the plastic window rollers have broken. they're cheap and easy to replace.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

My windows lift out of the bottom tray, and get jammed in the tracks. If I hold the window down while rolling the window, it works fine.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

jzjames wrote:There used to be a "how-to" for rebuilding the windows on this site, but it's no longer there. It was an older magazine article w/ pictures if I recall.
I think Kieth might have put it up.

It had older pictures of the disassembly, re-assembly, and was the best "how-to" I had seen.
Does anyone have the link to it?
I know which one you're talking about. It was a Dennis Carpenter write up, I believe. Keith did one too. http://www.fordification.com/tech/doors01.htm (thanks, Keith!)
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.