Interior Paint Color Advice

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Bigcalhoun

Interior Paint Color Advice

Post by Bigcalhoun »

Fellas,
I'm getting ready to have my Mojave Tan '70 Sport Custom repainted. It'll be two tone with Sky View Blue up top, Wimbledon White down low. I would appreciate some advice on the interior.
- With off white upholstery and a black dash do I go white or blue on the inside?
- I need to replace the door panels on the inside. I'm assuming off white to match the seat would be the right choice?
- Keep the steering column black or paint interior cab color?
- Headliner is in good shape and is off white. Leave it alone? Paint it the interior color?

Thanks for the advice.
'70 F100 Sport Custom, 302
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Interior Paint Color Advice

Post by colnago »

Everybody's advice will be different, so just take this as my two cents.

Interior color: blue
Door panels: blue
Steering column: blue
Headliner: leave off-white

By the way, where did you find a white seat cover? I wanted to go that route, but couldn't find one.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
Bigcalhoun

Post by Bigcalhoun »

Thanks for the feedback. Wish I had some Intel for you on the seats. Looks like the original owner had them recovered years ago. I suspect he had a local shop put on new vinyl.
'70 F100 Sport Custom, 302
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bullitt74 »

Agree with the above post - the interior of your cab should be the same color as the middle section (hood, upper doors and top/inside of box).

NPD has some great paint choices in their Mustang Catalogue that most Ford Cars used of that vintage to spray your steering column / wheel, and even spray your dash pad if you're so inclined.

I plan to refresh my headliner with a top coat of off-white. Mine is in good shape too, but musty and tough to clean. I think a new coat of paint will freshen it up.
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070