window anti rattle and seals

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

48prerunner
Preferred User
Preferred User

window anti rattle and seals

Post by 48prerunner »

Trying to decide between Dennis Carpenter $149 http://dennis-carpenter.com/wind+-anti- ... 121460-ss/

or precision parts have found for like $60 http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1970-Ford- ... 2371659347

anybody use either?
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: window anti rattle and seals

Post by Bullitt74 »

I'm quite interested in this post, as I will have to replace all seals and weatherstrip in spring.

Have you tried contacting both suppliers to determine if they are sourced from the same supplier? Dennis Carpenter claims their weatherstripping is the best, but I haven't seen anything in their catalogues to suggest they manufacture the anti-rattlers.

Cheers,

Steve.
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070
Busboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Busboy »

I bought everything for my 67 from D.C. I would try a cheaper alternative, you can always send it back if it looks cheesy. I thing D.C. is sometimes overpriced and waves the flag too much to justify their prices.
1967 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
Another 67 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
2016 F-150 Eco-Boost 2.7 liter. (It will smoke the tires!)
1972 F-350 Sport Custom cab & chassis.
1972 F-250 Explorer Special, Camper Special.
1971 F-100 custom. 302, C-4, p.s. p.b. factory 65 amp alternator with transistorized voltage regulator.
rhyne

Post by rhyne »

Ill be ordering soon as well....doors will be in paint soon, then ready for seals and all the fixins'....im probably gonna buy the full kit from LMC...i tend to agree with busboy on DC prices, but in some cases you get what you pay for, others times just a mark up.
EasyE

Post by EasyE »

I ordered from LMC Truck, and just installed them last night. No complaints really, but I haven't driven the truck so I don't have any on the road experience with them.

The vent window seals I ordered from LMC on the other hand, I am having issues with....

-Eric
ddcrim

Post by ddcrim »

Got a set, very reasonable, from J.C. Whitney. haven't put em in yet. Gonna paint first, but they look good.
Always had pretty good luck with JCW, unless you buy obvious junk.
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

I ordered mine from D.C. because of the bad reviews for the other vendors. Not really sure they are really all that different from D.C. but I did read that D.C. makes a lot of their own rubber products. I did roll the dice on a set of vent window seals off of Ebay and they worked out fine. It seems that there are manufacturers of this stuff that just re-label for whoever the seller is. I would take a serious look at the cheap deal that you found just because of the price. Worth looking into if you can confirm who manufacturers it and is it the same as everyone else. I am happy with the D.C. stuff and all installed just fine but have not driven the truck yet. With D.C. I think the big deal is to get their front and rear window seals as well as door seals to the cab. They evidently make their own. I have heard the other brands shrink up pretty quick.

Barry
lilorbie

Post by lilorbie »

there is a company called Steele Rubber. they are in N.C.like D.C. they will make a catalog of every piece of rubber in these trucks . they make their own stuff. i have never heard anything bad about them. sometimes you get what you pay for. if LMC,s rubber is anything like their patch panels that i got from them i would stay a way from them.
48prerunner
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 48prerunner »

I know with cab mounts DC has some of the best,I've meet him and talked with him at a hershey was cool about 25 years back i bought a nos 37 headlight from him. I think I might order the cheaper ones, has to better than the bare metal I have now. If I ever get tired of the pantina and I repaint I could always upgrade if they are crap. I bought the cowl or hood seal from DC and it didnt fit I guess ford changed the spacing of the clips late 69 but doesnt say anything about it in DC catalog and they would exchange it but i would have to pay for shipping $19.00 which works out to the same price as the one I bought from some place else and fit fine.
dpson

Post by dpson »

How do you install the window seals, the rubber parts without the clips. What holds them in? Do you use weather strip adhesive?
There were no instructions in the kit. Thanks for any help.
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

dpson wrote:How do you install the window seals, the rubber parts without the clips. What holds them in? Do you use weather strip adhesive?
There were no instructions in the kit. Thanks for any help.
If you are talking about the run channel that the window slides up and down in, it pops into place. There are grooves that it sets it. They were a little tough to get it but just takes time and patience.

Barry
dpson

Post by dpson »

Yes, thanks, that's what I needed to know.

If the weather ever warms up again I'll give them a try, been windy and spitting snow for the last few days.
48prerunner
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 48prerunner »

$49.66 shipped to my door look pretty nice. I have to fix my garage insulation the stupid racoons messed up so dont think I'll put them in this weekend. But maybe I will. That was for the stainless steel beaded ones.
dpson

Post by dpson »

I finally got a chance to install the door "run channels" and window anti-rattlers today. The instructions here in the Technical Section on how to the disassemble the door to remove the glass, etc. was very helpful. The biggest PITA was getting the old window anti-rattlers out. The clips don't come out easily and I found that if you pry them out far enough to get a hacksaw blade in there cutting them off causes a lot less damage to the door panel. The run channels just press in and installed quite easily, especially the one in the vent window assembly once it is pulled out of the door.
patruccio

Post by patruccio »

I installed Carpenter seals a couple months ago and there a perfect fit. I purchase most of my parts there, some are a little spendy but there all true Ford tooling.