window anti rattle and seals

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

patruccio

Re: window anti rattle and seals

Post by patruccio »

You will find LMC mostly China made, cheep, Dennis Carpenter parts fit all Ford tooling.
WarEagle

Post by WarEagle »

I'm jumping in a little late on this, but I just finished installing the complete window kit from LMC. Everything fit pretty good but the quarter window rubber, especially the longer upright side was squirrely. There are little tabs I had to cut off and I ended up putting some adhesive silicon between the rubber and frame and clamping it until dry. Worked great. The channel felts just 'snap' into place.
1972 F100 300 cid straight 6
2009 F150 4.6L Super Crew
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Here's the kit I bought - very happy with it.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1970-Ford- ... 98?vxp=mtr
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
fordhillbilly

Post by fordhillbilly »

I bought the full LMC kit for my build and am happy with the quality of most of it, however the "anti rattle" window fuzzies kinda suck and do not fit very well. Also the vent window rubber i thought didn't fit well, but as long as you drill out the old rivets it fits decent, but I couldn't find any rivets small enough so I glued mine into place instead of riveting it. Time will tell how good that decision was.
1969 f250 4x4 390ci
2000 f250 4x4 7.3l
48prerunner
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 48prerunner »

I finally got around to installing this this winter, got the garage insulation fixed what a difference working in there now, I also converted my florescent lights to led what a difference.

back to the anti rattles, if you are going for a full 100 point restoration to stock these dont exactly match the stock ones I took out, that being said I don't think you could tell unless you had them side by side, too me not worth 110 dollars more for DC. Huge difference in how the doors shut now no rattle I can't wait to drive again if it ever stops snowing.

Biggest pain was getting the almost 50 year old channel out, most of it came out a half inch at a time it was hard as a rock and very brittle. New stuff went in super easy. Vent rubber is still good so I didn't replace them I've also read that tthe DC rubber for that didn't fit that great.

Oh and this kit is the same one JC whitney and a few others sell.
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

You can also find kits at RockAuto.