1967 F100 Vent Window Frame

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

EasyE

1967 F100 Vent Window Frame

Post by EasyE »

So my vent window frames are rusted out and need to be replaced. The problem I'm running into is that the only ones available are for 73-77 F100s.

However according to the following article: http://www.fordification.com/tech/interchange_body.htm, I may be able to use the 73-77 frames.

"Doors - 1967 doors have a different style of door release, armrests and vent window handle, but the doors interchange as a unit with '68-'72 trucks. Window regulators are the same between the two styles, but door release mechanisms are not. Vent window assemblies will interchange as well. '67 vent window assemblies use a different-style release handle, but all '67-'72 vent window handles will interchange. All door glass is the same for '67-'79 trucks."

Can anyone confirm this? They're $80 ea. on Dennis Carpenter so I'd like to be sure before I buy them.

Thanks in advance.

-Eric
EasyE

Re: 1967 F100 Vent Window Frame

Post by EasyE »

Nobody?

Help!
67nukeford
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 67nukeford »

After going through the part numbers in the Ford parts breakdown, it appears that you should be able to swap these out. The main verticle channel is the same, there are a few differences in the trim. But, the shape should be the same, and it's the main verticle channel that you need to connect this with. Now, I'm not 100% certain on this, but, if it was me, I'd be confident enough to go with this!

Can't help you with the 73-77 frames, those doors are shaped different, so, I'm thinking this window may be different.
Pat 1967 F100 4WD
LINK TO PROJECT THREAD
:http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
EasyE

Post by EasyE »

Thanks Nuke. To clarify, did you compare the 67-72 PNs, or are you saying the 73-77 frames should fit in a 67-72?

-Eric
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

I have a decent one if you'd like it. But not the 67 only one, but the 68-72 style with the different type of locking handle.
pm me if interested. $15 plus shipping.
ponyexpress

Post by ponyexpress »

I would suggest contacting Old Blue Oval Rescue
Sein Trepanier is the owner. He can be reached at
918-770-2593 or http://www.oldblueovalrescue.com or
Sein@oldblueovalrescue.com. I think he will have all the parts you are looking for and his prices are reasonable.
Good Luck, Pete
EasyE

Post by EasyE »

I actually did end up getting the windows and frames from Sein. Great guy. He lives about 45 min from me, so I just drove up to his house.

I bought some vent window seals from LMC Truck, and have them installed, and now I can't get the damn vent window to close. I don't know if it's that the rubber is just new and hasn't sort of formed around the window, or if the window is misaligned or something? No idea. It's definitely pissing me off though. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Also at the base of the vent window seal, where it sits on the bottom of the window frame, it appears that the seal isn't wide enough because there is a gap between the outside of the door and the window seal. I would've expected there to have been more of a lip on the rubber to cover up that gap.

Anyway, not sure if the issues I'm having are due to poor part fitment from LMC, or something I've done. Hopefully I can get it squared away in the next few days.