1971 F250 Custom with odd Interior Code

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

ButtaBean

Re: 1971 F250 Custom with odd Interior Code

Post by ButtaBean »

Lol I have to be different. There's too many red trucks out there already without me adding to them. Not saying its a bad color choice at all, its just not me.
farmallmta

Re: 1971 F250 Custom with odd Interior Code

Post by farmallmta »

ButtaBean wrote:Lol I have to be different. There's too many red trucks out there already without me adding to them. Not saying its a bad color choice at all, its just not me.
One thing I appreciate about our old trucks is how the colors, green or otherwise, aren't just some color variant of wet pavement: grey, silver, bronze, black, grey, silver, bronze, black, grey, silver, bronze, black like most of today's vehicles are painted.. With most interiors of either mouse fur brown or mouse fur grey. Bland outside. Boring inside. In the '70's your Lincoln might have been painted some garish color and the interior blessed with a wildly colored houndstooth upholstery, but at least you weren't bored to death.

Seriously, with the lack of chrome on the fronts of today's vehicles, I've nearly pulled out in front of oncoming pavement colored cars several times. Seems like painting cars the color of the background they're in would be a really bad idea for visibility. And it is. :doh: