Dashboard and Gauges

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

69Ford
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Dashboard and Gauges

Post by 69Ford »

I finally put this setup together. I took the ranger woodgrain lower bezel parts and removed the woodgrain polished the aluminum and painted the flat areas argent silver to match the gauge bezel. I also had a red light bezel that was of the same design as our brake light. So I moved that up to the spare spot in the gauge bezel.
My Dashboard (3).JPG
My Dashboard (2).JPG
My Dashboard (1).JPG
1969 Ford F100 Styleside standard cab 360 C6
Ranchero50

Re: Dashboard and Gauges

Post by Ranchero50 »

Looks good. Do you know that in '66 the .gov made a law that basically outlawed excessive chrome along with adding a ton of safety regulations? That's why the huge difference between '67 and '68 auto's. The '67 style inside door handles didn't meet the new regs either.

They later changed the laws requiring side marker lights which gave the trucks the '70 front end and all the '69 cars got rear side marker lamps. Pre '69 didn't need lit side markers, only reflectors.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

A little TLC goes a long way. Good job. :thup:
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

Ranchero50 wrote:Looks good. Do you know that in '66 the .gov made a law that basically outlawed excessive chrome along with adding a ton of safety regulations? That's why the huge difference between '67 and '68 auto's. The '67 style inside door handles didn't meet the new regs either.

They later changed the laws requiring side marker lights which gave the trucks the '70 front end and all the '69 cars got rear side marker lamps. Pre '69 didn't need lit side markers, only reflectors.
'67 door handles and window cranks were considered dangerous and could inflict wounds in an acident. In '68, Mustangs and Ford trucks (and Im sure other Ford vehicles as well) had window cranks with plastic knobs instead of metal like '67-earlier vehicles. Interior door handles were made in a fold-down design on the Mustangs and were tucked into the doors on the trucks --no longer surface mounted.

My '68 Mustang has rear quarter panel reflectors but, it has factory side marker lights at the front of the fenders, just under where the front bumper wraps around.

Interior rear view mirrors were removed from their roof mounts, like in '67, and beginning in '68, they were glued to the windshield.

Collapsible steering columns were beginning to be installed in the late '67 Mustangs. By '68, collapsible steering columns were fully implemented into the Mustangs.
Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

1968 Mustang. My high school car. Owned since 1982.

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1.
lilorbie

Post by lilorbie »

does the gauge cluster have to come in one piece or can you remove the outer plastic piece and leave the gauges in the dash ? thanks for any help with this.
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

Your dash looks great. You've inspired me to do something with mine.