67 Door Panels, no Chrome strip?

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

67lunargreen

67 Door Panels, no Chrome strip?

Post by 67lunargreen »

Has anyone found the 67 interior door panels with the plastic chrome strip in it? Not the chrome and black molding but mine and most I have seen have a thin plastic chrome strip that goes through the middle of the panel and around the outside.
67lunargreen

Re: 67 Door Panels, no Chrome strip?

Post by 67lunargreen »

I will post a picture in the morning so you can see what I am talking about. I don't see the chrome strip on the reproductions. :?
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

My '67 doesn't have this. The chrome and black, yes, but not this other chrome strip.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
67lunargreen

Post by 67lunargreen »

Sorry I've been busy, 6.0L's... Here are a couple of pictures of what my truck has. I had another one with blue interior and it had the little chrome plastic too. It goes all the way around the door panel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

Very different from my '67. I have a steel inner panel, with horizontal "ribs" stamped into the steel. From your photos, it looks like you have a second panel that ls padded. Mine are not.

The enclosed photo isn't mine, but my panels look just like it.

Joseph
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
67lunargreen

Post by 67lunargreen »

Mine has the Ranger package.
hardlyrider

Post by hardlyrider »

67lunargreen wrote:I will post a picture in the morning so you can see what I am talking about. I don't see the chrome strip on the reproductions. :?
The '67 is a unique panel among the bumps and of course there were even less Rangers. Consequently, beside being hard to find, it's not likely anyone will reproduce that strip. :(
1967 F100 Custom Cab 352 Auto LWB
1958 F100 Custom Cab 292 3 sp O/D
67lunargreen

Post by 67lunargreen »

I can find White Reproductions but they don't have the chrome. Maybe I can find an interior guy to put them on the reproductions. Did all Ranger's have the chrome?
67lunargreen

Post by 67lunargreen »

Mine came from Michigan Truck, but I had a blue interior one awhile back that was from San Jose. Both had the chrome. The blue one was weird. It was a F100 Camper Special, 352, Cruisomatic, and a Dana 44 Locker. DSO Truck. I called it the Burly Blue *******. Sold it to a shop in Indiana I think that is where it went. Nice truck. It was Frost Turquoise and white.