radio delete pics

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

jlb

radio delete pics

Post by jlb »

Thinking about putting a radio delete face plate in one of my trucks. 72 ford f100.. Can some one post a photo of a radio delete installed? thanks in advance

JEREMY
nevrenufhp

Re: radio delete pics

Post by nevrenufhp »

This is the one in my 67. It's the factory delete plate.
67 F100, 300(Offy intake, Edelbrock 500, 274*/.518" lift cam, heddder, duraspark & Summit CD ign), 4spd, power steering swap, front disc and hydroboost.
08 VW R32
increase diesel fuel rate site:
http://www.freewebs.com/nevrenufhp/index.htm
jlb

Post by jlb »

Thanks, that's cool. The 72 is alittle different.. Any one have a 69-72?

Thanks..

JB
jreb333

Post by jreb333 »

Ive got a stock 69 delete plate. Havent installed it tho. Probably gonna do one of those tiny faceplate stereos with the main unit behind the seat so i dont have to cut my dash tabs off. Ill slap my delete plate on and snap a ohoto for ya.
JESUS LOVES YOU! everyone else thinks your a jackass!
jlb

Post by jlb »

jreb333 wrote:Ive got a stock 69 delete plate. Havent installed it tho. Probably gonna do one of those tiny faceplate stereos with the main unit behind the seat so i dont have to cut my dash tabs off. Ill slap my delete plate on and snap a ohoto for ya.
Thanks,, Question as well. When you use the delete plate, do you take the bezel out? or does it go over it?

thanks

jb
chad67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by chad67 »

The bezel comes out, too. The delete plate actually attaches to the holes where the knobs would go. The picture of the'67 would be a good representation of a '68-'72 with the later version just being a little larger. The radio delete was designed to be the cheapest way to cover the hole where the radio would go. That would explain the cheap plastic and the propensity for the plate to break or warp from age.
1967 F100 SWB
1991 Thunderbird 5.0 with fully ported gt40 heads, cobra intake (also ported) and a trickflow stage 2 cam, manual steering, and custom 3" exhaust