69 harness in a 67

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

69 harness in a 67

Post by fordman »

i put a 69 harness in a 67. and ran into three different problems. the first is the heater switch wire i think i need to run a hot from the run side of the switch to the heater power side. the second is the alternator has more places to put wires than i have wires to put on. i think i may have three but two of them are large wires and one small. and i have one large terminal and two small terminals. so where am i at on this which wire could i run from for the heater power and do i wire up the 69 wires like a 70. the schematics look the same as what i have but i'm not sure which terminal to run the wire from the soilnoid to. the top terminal?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

excuse me. are my question not clear enough? or is everone with a 69 to lazy to go out and look at there truck?
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

I'd help but I have a 67 so.....

Did you check the wiring diagrams that Keith has here?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

kieth doesn't have one for a 69 the 67 don't help
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

I see.
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

fordman wrote:excuse me. are my question not clear enough? or is everone with a 69 to lazy to go out and look at there truck?
Not the best way to inspire people... btw there are enough grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors in that statement that you come off as illiterate and a jerk.
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: 69 harness in a 67

Post by jzjames »

-are we having a bad day Barry? :cry:
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i was trying to be a jerk. so at least i would get any responce. i got a letter from the city and need to move fast. so that why. i can't just wait for a schematic to come up on ebay. i have to have 4 trucks gone in two more days. now its only three. one is a trailer. i'm sorry barry and everyone else who reads this. but when you ask questions and no one answers you got to do something. even if it is to be a jerk. what would you do eat the ticket and go to jail. yea that is the punishment for not moving trucks. jail
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

that bites - i know they gotta have rules- i'm a junkie at heart- gimme an acre and i'll fill it up- just like a pig in ****--Image
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

Ah, so it was all a ruse. Why not just state the truth of the matter? It's a lot better than calling everybody lazy.

Anyway, I think you will be disappointed after waiting for a '69 wiring diagram because the charging circuits are pretty much identical thru the years.

Wires to the alternator all share the same color code. If the ‘69 harness used an ammeter, the STA is not used.

Back of Alternator - Wire color
BAT - Black
STA - White/Black Stripe
FLD - White (or could be Orange)
GND - Black/Red Stripe

Here’s some scans too:

http://www.fordification.com/forum/down ... er=user_id

http://www.fordification.com/forum/down ... er=user_id

Good luck!
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by mk »

I installed a complete 72 harness in a 67 a few years ago and was surprised at the fact I didn't have to do any altering under the dash. I remember this clearly because I was worried about the heater switch but I think it was a double brown wire hooked right up to it. Under the hood was no problem either as I was using all 72 wiring, right down to the alternator harness. There are some differences in the years but I haven't got them all figured out yet. Up to 68, there was no protection for the alt wiring, in 69 they installed a fuse and from 70 up, they incorporated a fusible link. Seems to me there may also be a difference in the heavy duty alt wiring, as on a Farm/Ranch or Contractor special. I've got some harness pieces from different years I have yet to have a good look at.
If any of you guys know someone that works in the auto-electric business, get them to check for the old Mitchell diagram books. These are fairly good clear pics that cover almost every year.

mike
Always drink upstream from the herd...

~Will Rogers

Mercury truck ID thread:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=35331
Ford truck model history:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=37394
Using dentside fender liners:
http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=35675
Matchbox diecast bumps:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=45618