Engine perches

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

golfman1867

Engine perches

Post by golfman1867 »

I'm in the process of gathering the needed parts to convert my 1968 F100 to power steering with the manual column and 390 engine. I'm trying to locate the engine perch for the Saginaw gear so I won't have to trim my current
perch.
If someone can verify that the perches from any 69 to mid 70's FE powered truck has the correct perch whether equipped from the factory with either manual or power steering would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Engine perches

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Here's everything you need to know......got 99% of the info I needed when I did mine last fall........ :thup:

http://fordification.com/tech/powersteering.htm

The worst part is finding a C9TA-3590-E pitman arm unless you get lucky and your steering box already has one on it......I ended up heating and bending a D2TA-3590-BA to get the correct angle that the 68-mid 71 bumps are supposed to have for my 68.......

http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=87042
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
golfman1867

Post by golfman1867 »

Thanks...I read that article numerous times before I posted the question....what's bad is I missed the statement about the perches until I read it one more time after your reply.
Thanks for not dogging me out about reading through previous posts before asking a question that's already been answered.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

golfman1867 wrote:Thanks...I read that article numerous times before I posted the question....what's bad is I missed the statement about the perches until I read it one more time after your reply.
Thanks for not dogging me out about reading through previous posts before asking a question that's already been answered.
No problem.....there's been times I've had to ask things because I know its here but damned if I could find it..... :?
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR