Adjustable brake Pedal ?

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

windhamdw

Adjustable brake Pedal ?

Post by windhamdw »

I was trying to figure out a way to adjust my brake pedal and i came across the first pic but the price is like $60 dollars, way to much for that.

So i was going to cut a piece of metal just a little bit longer then the one that was in the truck(second pic, metal bar), but then i found the piece thats in the second pic thats adjustable and the holes are almost the same size as the one that was in the truck. do you think it would work or has others figured out a different way then buying the 60 part?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Adjustable brake Pedal ?

Post by cep62 »

I don't know how much you're trying to adjust but the factory bolt should have a eccentric shoulder ,
that will give some minor adjustment.

I have cut and welded a rod one time without a problem.

Your turnbuckle should work if it's heavy enough , if it's only a 1/4 inch rod I think I'd use a 5/16th or 3/8th
windhamdw

Post by windhamdw »

thanks, i will give the turnbuckle a try and see what happens.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

What truck do you have? I don’t remember a flat bar on my '67. Is that where the brake lever pivots on your truck? The only adjustment I could have made is if I had something like in the top photo, because that round end of that bar goes into the booster (or cup on the MC, if you don't have a booster). But then the '67 is different than the other years. Maybe that's why it's so $$$.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

The booster the OP has is from a Dentside truck.
Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

1968 Mustang. My high school car. Owned since 1982.

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1.
windhamdw

Post by windhamdw »

Its a 71 f100 the person that had it before me converted it to disc brakes in the front and i think everything came from a 75 f100. this is what it looks like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.