source for brake booster 67 f100?

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Carb

source for brake booster 67 f100?

Post by Carb »

Hey all,

I will at some point move to a front disk brakes system but in the meantime I need to replace the master cylinder. I figured I would also install a brake booster as well but napa auto says the brake booster that fits my 67 f100 is not made anymore.

Can anyone suggest a quality brake booster/master cylinder kit combo that will fit my truck? And not overly expensive?

--I do not wish to rebuild what I have at this time.

EDIT: 1967 F100 352 2WD DRUM BRAKES.

Thanks in advance!

Carb
Last edited by Carb on Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: source for brake booster 67 f100?

Post by colnago »

I made an assumption that your truck was 2WD with a 352 (you didn't specify; I don't know how 4x4 or other engines differ on the brake hardware), and AutoZone lists a booster/MC combo for $120. This is for a reman unit by Cardone, Part Number 50-3514. You will probably have to mod the firewall, since an MC only has two mounting holes, and the booster has four. Also, I think you'll need those parallelogram-shaped mounting brackets. Final note: '67 is a "special" year; a lot of the brake stuff is different from other years. Sorry if I repeated stuff that you already know.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
Carb

Post by Carb »

Thanks joseph,

You are correct on my truck and I have edited my post to reflect the info. thanks!

I was looking at exactly that combo but when trying to purchase it is not available anymore. :(
Carb

Post by Carb »

Found a booster and master cylinder at partsgeek.com. they had 3 left.

Cheers!

EDIT: I found it cheaper through rockauto. bought the cardone brand.