AutoFab 2WD Lift Kits

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Subzero
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

AutoFab 2WD Lift Kits

Post by Subzero »

I've always liked the look of a lifted F100 but 4wd ones are very rare where I live and if you do happen to find one they always need a tremendous amount of rust repair. My truck is 2WD but I'd like to lift it a little just to give it some more height and correct the take it has. I like the AutoFab 3 in lift kit ( http://autofab.com/i-9731802-1965-1979- ... -lift.html ) and the price doesn't seem too bad. I noticed it doesn't come with rear lift parts though, how would I go about lifting the rear to match the front? Would a 3 inch lift even make a difference or should I go with the taller 5 inch? I have no experience in lifting trucks so it's all new to me, any help is appreciated
1972 F100 Sport Custom-2WD, Aqua Blue and Wimbleton White, LWB, 302 V8 and C4 trans, P/S, P/B - under construction

Gone but not forgotten: 1968 F100 Ranger- 2WD, LWB, original rebuilt 360 V8, Autolite 2bbl carb, C6 Trans, Hedman Headers, Powermaster Racing Starter, H-Pipe and Glasspacks, P/S, P/B, A/C
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: AutoFab 2WD Lift Kits

Post by colnago »

You should be able to get blocks of varying thickness to go between the axle and the springs. You'll need longer U-bolts (might come with the blocks in a kit), and longer shocks (probably won't come in a kit). You'll also have to do some work on the rear hydraulic lines.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
Subzero
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Subzero »

No driveshaft changes or other driveline changes are necessary? I'd like to keep it simple as I can
1972 F100 Sport Custom-2WD, Aqua Blue and Wimbleton White, LWB, 302 V8 and C4 trans, P/S, P/B - under construction

Gone but not forgotten: 1968 F100 Ranger- 2WD, LWB, original rebuilt 360 V8, Autolite 2bbl carb, C6 Trans, Hedman Headers, Powermaster Racing Starter, H-Pipe and Glasspacks, P/S, P/B, A/C
tnab1970

Post by tnab1970 »

The AUTO FAB stuff is great! John Emke is great to work with. You will need to supply core's for the beams or pay the core charge. IT is cheaper to ship beams than to pay the core charge. Make sure to buy the beams and springs from him. We tried to have a local shop bend the beams, they could do it. Cost us a double did-assembly. as far as the rear goes I would suggest a shackle swap and or adding leaf springs to achieve the height and stiffness you desire. We did both. you can look here for some pics of our build and others. Ours starts on pg 10 I believe near the bottom. look for my sig. tnab1970
http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=135
Good luck and PM with any questions regarding 2wd lifting on these trucks I will be happy to help.