Dodge Wheels

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

FRANKdaTANK

Re: Dodge Wheels

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been awhile, but I haven't forgot you. I kept putting off ordering the adapters.

But finally got 'em, and should be getting the rims on this weekend...Hopefully everything will work out ok... :pray:

No center caps yet, but I will be sure to get pics on here anyways.

Frank
1967 F100 Shortbed - 390 FE w/ C6 trans. -- SOLD

1995 Bronco - 6" lift w/ 35" BFGs
1998 SVT Contour #3582 (Daily Driver)
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Hey guys,
Finally got my Dodge 20" Steelies on!!!! Here are a couple pics that may be crappy due to cell phone...

I could'nt get any better ones yet, cuz it was dark when I got done last night.... Should be taking more pics tomorrow with my digital camera, and hopefully have them on here by this weekend. Just wanted to give you something since everybody's been asking.

Turned out even better than I thought it would once I got the wheels cleaned up. Looks alot better in person!! And I still want to get chrome center caps.

Frank

Hawkrod
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Hawkrod »

Just a thought that may be interesting and may help. You guys did not mention how much of a spacer would be needed to run the Dodge wheels but a rear end from a 73-79 is wider and you may be able to just move your sping pads to the later rear and have it fit well. All you would need to do is find somebody with a 73-79 rear that will let you test fit the rims so you can measure the inner and outer overall widths. Just a thought, Hawkrod
39 Ford Dlx Cpe
59 Tbird 430
60 Lincoln
(2)62 Tbirds
(3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
77 1/2 F250 4X4
86 SVO
76 F250 Crew Cab
67 F250 Ranger
http://www.supermotors.org/registry/veh ... 9&detail=1
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Oh thats cool. I didn't realize the later 70s rears were wider. But I can't think of anybody I know that has a Ford that year.

Well they are on there now, and I doubt I can return the adapters...

Sorry but I thought I had said what size adapters I went with...they are 2" thick. I didn't have to go that thick to make the wheels work. I just wanted to push them out alittle further to make them look better. 1" thick adapters would have probably worked to clear the inner wheel well, but I like the way these turned out. The front fit perfect without adapters or spacers. The only slight problem is I can't turn quite as sharp as I use to, but it still turns pretty far before the inside of the tire rubs on the crossmember.

Frank

FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

BETTER PICS!!!!

...could have been even better if it stayed sunny like they said it was going to :roll: ....ended up being cloudy (as you can see in the pics), but I was able to get some decent ones before it starting sprinkling....(again with cell phone in work parking lot, since I forgot my digital camera at home)

Here's a kinda blurry BEFORE pic in the driveway with the 15s.... :P

AND AFTER... :hd:

Hopefully I'll get some better pics on here after I get some center caps.... You really have to see the truck in person.

Hawkrod
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Hawkrod »

Those have a bad a$$ look! Hawkrod
39 Ford Dlx Cpe
59 Tbird 430
60 Lincoln
(2)62 Tbirds
(3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
77 1/2 F250 4X4
86 SVO
76 F250 Crew Cab
67 F250 Ranger
http://www.supermotors.org/registry/veh ... 9&detail=1
CA180

Post by CA180 »

Wow, those turned out awesome!

Great job!

You got anymore pics of that truck? Looks really clean!
aramil
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by aramil »

:D those look awsome, i want a set now lol, what could you do on the front to get the full turning radius back? love those tires, do they make those chrome "beauty rings" for twenty inche steels? looks bad @$$ :thup:
72, f-100 ranger xlt, 360-c6, 2wd 84k miles.
77, ford f-150 custom 4x4, 400m-c6 SOLD

"the existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, sid to himself, "i want to set those people over there on fire, but i dont feel like walking over there to do it"
427blackpearl
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 427blackpearl »

look good 8) .i think we need more pix of the truck.
lots of body work done to it? why is it not in the post of lowered bumps?
or am i just blind and not see this truck before?
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

FRANKdaTANK wrote:BETTER PICS!!!!

...could have been even better if it stayed sunny like they said it was going to :roll: ....ended up being cloudy (as you can see in the pics), but I was able to get some decent ones before it starting sprinkling....(again with cell phone in work parking lot, since I forgot my digital camera at home)

Here's a kinda blurry BEFORE pic in the driveway with the 15s.... :P

AND AFTER... :hd:
Hopefully I'll get some better pics on here after I get some center caps.... You really have to see the truck in person.
oh man that is sweet!!
Were did you get a truck with the gas filler on the bed?
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Thanks everybody for your comments! This seems to have gained popularity the past couple days... :lol:
The truck looks even better in person. And the wheels turned out even better than I'd hoped! :hd:

I can get more pics. I finally got a set of chrome Dodge Ram center caps that should work on there, but I haven't tried them on yet... not sure if they will look good....I'm kinda liking the plain look with the hubs showing now... :hmm:
What kind of pics would you guys like me to add??

aramil , I haven't heard or felt any rubbing with my turning, so it might not be as bad as I thought. And a guy at the tire shop told me that he's seen the Chrome "rings" in bigger sizes like 20's, but I haven't looked into it yet....might look good to break up the black.

blackpearl, you're not blind. Sorry, but I haven't put any pics on the "lowered bumps" yet. These pics are the only ones I have on the computer right now. I was going to, but wanted to wait until I got better pics.

Frank

FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Marz, I didn't forget you. The guy that had the truck took out the stock gas tank from behind the seat, and custom molded a filler and door on the side of the bed. Its a filler door taken right from a 1976 F100 or F150....and it looks like its meant to be there! And he made a custom tank to fit under the bed....the only down side to this, is that the new tank is only 10 gallons... :pout:
I love your truck!!! I would possibly like to bag mine someday, but that's way down the road (money-wise).... I don't mean this in an ignorant way, but your truck actually looks good without paint. :thup: 8) ...gotta love those rims too!!!

Frank

CA180

Post by CA180 »

I was thinkin about takin some earlier (read 94-01) hubcaps and modifying by adapting some baby moons. This generation of hubcap actually attached to the lug nuts.

May sound a little ghetto, but maybe some actual stainless dog dishes or stainless bowls from target jb welded to the dodge hub cap.

Again I know this sound a little rough, but I have a good idea of what it could turn out like. Give me a minute or so for a photoshop....
CA180

Post by CA180 »

rims2.jpg
rims6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aramil
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by aramil »

[quote=aramil , I haven't heard or felt any rubbing with my turning, so it might not be as bad as I thought. And a guy at the tire shop told me that he's seen the Chrome "rings" in bigger sizes like 20's, but I haven't looked into it yet....might look good to break up the black. [/quote]

thats good to know, i think it would look awsome with the rings and one of those lug cap thingys you see on the cop spec chargers, it would bring more attention to the rims.
72, f-100 ranger xlt, 360-c6, 2wd 84k miles.
77, ford f-150 custom 4x4, 400m-c6 SOLD

"the existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, sid to himself, "i want to set those people over there on fire, but i dont feel like walking over there to do it"