Tie Rod Relocators

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

mcarlson11

Tie Rod Relocators

Post by mcarlson11 »

I have my truck lowered, but I have yet to figure out how the tierod end relocators are supposed to bolt up. I have the AIM relocators ("C" shaped)
This is an F250 with disc front end. I need someone with lowered beams to post a picture of draw something.
When the going gets tough, your doing something right.
mcarlson11

re: Tie Rod Relocators

Post by mcarlson11 »

Nobody can help me!? Mytruck has been sitting for 2 weeks becuase of this. HELP!

Thanks.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i have no experience with this sorry. did these things come with instructions? maybe you could call the people who made them.
mcarlson11

Post by mcarlson11 »

This is what they look like. They have no instructions.

My original tie rods go into the spindle arm from the top. The hole is tapered so they can only go that way. I can rotate the drivers side tierod so it can go up into the spindle arm using the relocators, but not the passenger side becuase it is integral with the drag link.I have tried everywhich way possible, and when using the tie rod relocators, the tie rod "rod" will always be in a position to go right into the radius arm.

On the relocators, the tie rod is supposed to go into the fat part. and im guessing the part directly above that bolts to the spindle arm. I dont know what the other little tab is with a hole is for. They came with a smaller bolt to go through this as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

That looks like the AIM Industries piece. Take a look at this page:

http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp ... Fid%3D1855
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
onelovekaya

Re: re: Tie Rod Relocators

Post by onelovekaya »

mcarlson11 wrote:This is what they look like. They have no instructions.

My original tie rods go into the spindle arm from the top. The hole is tapered so they can only go that way. I can rotate the drivers side tierod so it can go up into the spindle arm using the relocators, but not the passenger side becuase it is integral with the drag link.I have tried everywhich way possible, and when using the tie rod relocators, the tie rod "rod" will always be in a position to go right into the radius arm.

On the relocators, the tie rod is supposed to go into the fat part. and im guessing the part directly above that bolts to the spindle arm. I dont know what the other little tab is with a hole is for. They came with a smaller bolt to go through this as well.
Just curious if you ever figured out the issue with the tie rod relocators?