Bleeding brakes

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

ponyexpress

Bleeding brakes

Post by ponyexpress »

I have just replaced all of my wheel cylinders, brake hoses and lines. I have also put in new brake shoes and have turned the brake drums. The only thing that is not new on my brake system is power booster and master cylinder. When we bleed the brakes we are getting a real good stream out of the back but not very much out of the front lines. My question is could the pin in the distribution block that triggers the brake light have an effect on bleeding the front brakes. If I reset the pin in the block, do you think I would have better luck bleeding the brakes in front. My brake light is currently on. Thanks
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Bleeding brakes

Post by basketcase0302 »

ponyexpress » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:32 am

I have just replaced all of my wheel cylinders, brake hoses and lines. I have also put in new brake shoes and have turned the brake drums. The only thing that is not new on my brake system is power booster and master cylinder. When we bleed the brakes we are getting a real good stream out of the back but not very much out of the front lines. My question is could the pin in the distribution block that triggers the brake light have an effect on bleeding the front brakes. If I reset the pin in the block, do you think I would have better luck bleeding the brakes in front. My brake light is currently on. Thanks
There is a way to "reset" the distribution block when major work has been done like the issues your describing.
Sure wish I could find it / if no one pipes in the next day or so PM Fordification member Fordman here as he'd posted it years ago (the procedure on resetting the block).
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
ponyexpress

Post by ponyexpress »

Thanks Basketcase, I just found it on this site. But what would you do if you swapped to disc brakes in front? Would you leave the distribution block in place and add proportioning valve or eliminate distribution block?
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

ponyexpress » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks Basketcase, I just found it on this site. But what would you do if you swapped to disc brakes in front? Would you leave the distribution block in place and add proportioning valve or eliminate distribution block?
You have to swap them out, (replace the block with the new proportioning valve). :thup:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4