Shifter options

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

1guydude
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Shifter options

Post by 1guydude »

Im looking at replacing an old b and m shifter in my truck.
I need to find some markings on it so i can ID it....
Looking for suggestions for a new one.
I like the lokar ane b and m shifters.

I dont need high pricey or race unit just a good aftermarket floor shifter.
In leaning more towards the b and m just because the ease of retro fitting and install. I already have the cable and selector for b and m.

Also the lokar looks like it mounts to the tranny and not the floor of my low hump...

390 with c6 auto. Truck is a 67..not that that matters
Thanks all.
D
2008 bmw 528i
1967 ford f100
2014 vw tiguan
2016 kawasaki 250f
2015 KTM rc390
2014 audi tt Quatro s
Braaaaap!
markguiver

Re: Shifter options

Post by markguiver »

My suggestion would be to replace it with whatever works best for you. The Lokar shifters come in different heights which may be better than having to lean over to shift the B&M, but, that's up to you. I had to move a truck with a floor mounted B&M shifter once and didn't like the feel of reaching down to shift. If I was going to change from my column shifter I would only do it with a change to bucket seats and a console between them with the shifter mounted at the height of the seats. I do have to have 3 people in my truck sometimes so even though I consider the buckets/console once and a while I decided to keep the bench seat and column shifter.
Mark.
1975 F-250 4X4 (The Beast)
1971 Bronco Sport
M-100

Re: Shifter options

Post by M-100 »

You can get a lokar that is cable operated. I have one they are nice. You can get chrome or black. And different handles. I have the black with a black knob it is the long one two bends. It kind of looks like the four speed shifter that came in the truck