NP435

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

Spikes90

NP435

Post by Spikes90 »

I just recently bought a 1970 F250 4x4. I believe it has a new process four speed transmission in it. I am struggling to find the piece that connects the driveshaft to the transmission to the transfer case. It is the piece that connects to the transmission. I believe it is called a transmission yoke. This piece has either 28 or 31 splines. This part has two u-bolts that go with it also. I am also missing the nut. I have looked on jegs, lmc truck, advanced auto parts, and a few other places with no success. I wouldn't like to spend more than $300 for these pieces. Any ideas on a reliable part number, catalog or website I can go by?
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: NP435

Post by basketcase0302 »

="Spikes90"]I just recently bought a 1970 F250 4x4. I believe it has a new process four speed transmission in it. I am struggling to find the piece that connects the driveshaft to the transmission to the transfer case. It is the piece that connects to the transmission. I believe it is called a transmission yoke. This piece has either 28 or 31 splines. This part has two u-bolts that go with it also. I am also missing the nut. I have looked on jegs, lmc truck, advanced auto parts, and a few other places with no success. I wouldn't like to spend more than $300 for these pieces. Any ideas on a reliable part number, catalog or website I can go by?
:wel: stop by the welcome mat when you get a chance and say hi.

I believe your looking for a splined yoke but you'll have to do the spline count, (I'd also get a cheap caliper and measure the output shaft the yoke will bolt onto just to be safe. These guys should have it:

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p4671_d ... pline.html
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
cstoyer

Post by cstoyer »

Do you need the yoke on the transmission and the transfer case, or just one of them? The link to Denny's is a good one as they are some very helpful people. You can look for a tag on the PTO cover, right side of the transmission if its still there to verify what model you have. Or check to see what the top of transmission cover looks like. Aluminum cover for the NP435.

cstoyer
68 F250 4x4
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

Try a junkyard. Look at 4wd trucks up to at least 1979 to find the part. Dodge and Chevy also used the same transmission. You just have to get the correct spline count for your out put shaft.
farmallmta

Post by farmallmta »

NP435 has reverse to the right and down towards the seat
T18 has reverse to the right and up towards the dash

Both are excellent transmissions.