68 F-100 3-speed manual transmission w/overdrive

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

sb4boys

68 F-100 3-speed manual transmission w/overdrive

Post by sb4boys »

Does anyone know of a good supplier where I can purchase parts for my 68 F-100 3-speed manual overdrive transmission? The trans tag is C8T3AM-1. The overdrive section is stamped R11-1W. I need to purchase the Solenoid, Overdrive kick-out switch, Overdrive relay, and Governor.
farmallmta

Possible that you only really need the solenoid

Post by farmallmta »

Are you resolved to go with the automatic overdrive function? If so, yes, you need the parts you're asking about. Unfortunately, they're not generally available. You have to hunt for them. If you're willing to operate the overdrive with an electric switch on the shifter or on the dash, then you can get by with just the solenoid, and those are fairly readily available. I may have an extra one.

I prefer operating the overdrive with a switch instead of the factory setup, but you have to answer that for yourself.
thazard1

Re: 68 F-100 3-speed manual transmission w/overdrive

Post by thazard1 »

Did you get your transmission up and going? Where did you end up mounting the switch?
I have a '67 F-100 with a 240-6 that I am preparing to install a T-85 with the R-11 BW OD. I did not get the switch bracket for the throttle linkage. At this point a good picture of the bracket would be helpful. But if someone has the bracket they would part with, that would be even better. Thanks.
thazard1

Post by thazard1 »

overdrive switch linkage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thazard1

Post by thazard1 »

I know its a little late, but here is a place to get your Governors, relays, switches, and solenoids.

Fifth Ave Internet Garage
415 Court Street
Clay Center, KS 67432