Transmission

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

massillon preacher

Transmission

Post by massillon preacher »

Before you tell me to look at the schematic on this site I already have and that is what is confusing. According to the schematic because I have a 1971 Ford F 100 with a 390 engine my transmission should be the C6. When I look at the schematic picture it shows tags that should tell me but on my transmission I do not see any of those tags. Can you look at my pictures and tell me what transmission this might be? The picture is from the drivers side of the transmission and there is a set of numbers but nothing like schematic from this site
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DuckRyder

Re: Transmission

Post by DuckRyder »

Got a picture of the pan and the other side...?

Thinking C6, why do you think it is not a C6?
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
massillon preacher

Not that I don't think C6, just don't look exactly like schematic and don't have tags like schematic, here is couple pictures of pan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Is that tail housing cast iron?

Truck a Short bed or Long bed?

Oh and C6.
Robert

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
massillon preacher

Duckryder, you are saying it's a C6? Wasn't sure because you still asked other questions in last response.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Yeah, it is a C6.
Robert

Busboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Busboy »

Thank you for raising this point. The problem is that the diagram on trans identification page shows the servo housing on the left side of the trans. This is incorrect as the servo housing is on the right side and this is where the id tag is located. I ran into the same issue. Yes yours is in fact a c6. :fr:
1967 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
Another 67 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
2016 F-150 Eco-Boost 2.7 liter. (It will smoke the tires!)
1972 F-350 Sport Custom cab & chassis.
1972 F-250 Explorer Special, Camper Special.
1971 F-100 custom. 302, C-4, p.s. p.b. factory 65 amp alternator with transistorized voltage regulator.
massillon preacher

Yes, I thought that was the issue with the servo on the other side and my problem was my headers come right down there and I can't see anything up in there. Thanks for your time guys, I appreciate it.