Three speed rear seal part number?

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

68fe360

Three speed rear seal part number?

Post by 68fe360 »

I know this has been asked and resolved before, but can't find it due the sites crappy search limitations.

All the parts stores updated thier databases about 7 years ago and now list the C6 rear seal as fitting the 3 spead. They also list the one with the extended rubber skirt as fiting. Niether one fits. one is to small, and the rubber skirt extends beyound the yoke. Does any one have the correct part number? Even the original ford part number will work. The shop i take it to can cross reference the original ford number if i provide it to them. They run into the same problem with thier parts suppliers. They all seem to have moved to the same database with the screwed up part number inter changes.

I know i could have found this in a previous post as i have seen it answered a at least 2 or 3 times a few years back, but the fourms search restrictions turn a 5 min task into a 5 hour job. I understand making you wait a little before searching again, but the time increases with each search. So if you screw up once or twice it's a major hinderance. Not to mention that if there are 3 pages of results every time you click to move to the next page it treats it as a new search, and you have to wait for an increased amount of time again. When trying to search for some thing specfic like 3 speed trans seal it strips the number 3 from the search. Very few spell the word three. This makes finding what you need near imposible. There needs to be some serious work done in this area to help make the search feature useful. It's enough to piss off the pope when you know the information is there, but can't get to it. :lol: it's a different kind of luaghter, not the haha kind!

Well i will quit ranting about it. If any one can help i promise i will testify as a character witness if you ever need one! :thup:

Will
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Three speed rear seal part number?

Post by jimmy828 »

was bored so i tried a couple of info's. The original part # for rear seal is c4tz-7052-a and was replaced with new part # d9bz7052a. Hope i'm right!
68fe360

Re: Three speed rear seal part number?

Post by 68fe360 »

Thank you very much i will see if i can find the correct one with these numbers, and let every one know how it worked out.

Will