c4 speedometer cable routing

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

c4 speedometer cable routing

Post by fordman »

does anyone have apicture of the speedometer cable routing up from the bottom of the cab and into the firewall? mine just flops around and is kind of in the way. i want to get it in there better. my 67 has had a transplant of a 351w and a c4 so its hard to know where it is suppose to go at.
Whateverman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: c4 speedometer cable routing

Post by Whateverman »

just went out to the gravel patch to check and see if it was worth talking the old lady into letting me use her camera so i could snap a pic of the way mines routed
....well,all i can say is that i should have put the screw in the offset band that holds the cable to the cab on mine in a little tighter because it ended up backing out ,letting the cable hit the exhaust ,melting the casing and breaking the cable core :doh:
...probably happened all on the last trip down the driveway from the garage to my parking spot
:clap: ....nice..
- still got my first first car 20+yrs later : 69 f100 sorta kinda pretending its a Mercury M100 w/a 70 f350 sport custom cab (factory buckets) 67 grille with 69 ranger cooneyes 68 merc box and hood,some supercool fiberglass fenders i scored way back when, 76 f150 disc brake frontend..currently running a 90 5.0HO 4bbl/c4 auto & 3.50 posi...originally a 360/c6 f100 Ranger with dealer added towpack (incl. kelsey hays trailer brake),boxside toolbox,behind the seat stowage & belly tank...only original parts left on 'er are the frame,rear end,rear springs,and rear bumper...