Transmission gear selection linkage ?

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Transmission gear selection linkage ?

Post by rjewkes »

What is thwe name or part number for the little red gromet that holds the rod to the bottom of the steering column in the engine compartment? right now all i have is an e clip holding it togeteher and the shifting to and from park is sloppy and may be killing my colum as i have to travel slightly past park to get it into park.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Transmission gear selection linkage ?

Post by fordman »

shift arm bushing. lmc only shows them for 3 spd transmissions. but i am pretty sure other vendors have them. maybe a super short corecct size fuel hose would take up the space for awhile.
pollock

Re: Transmission gear selection linkage ?

Post by pollock »

I built a custom linkage using a rod end, clevis, and some bronze bushings. It eliminated the plastic parts at both ends. I'm no longer using it because I just put in a T19. Would sell it for about $10. PM me if you're interested.