'67 ford f100

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

big e

'67 ford f100

Post by big e »

what's up guys, have a couple of probs with my '67 f100. first i have no brake lights when i press the petal. trying to find some wiring diagrams but no luck yet. and 2nd i put in a new 3 spd floor shifter, now its hard to get it in 2nd gear, what's the proper way to adjust it. also this truck has the original 352 in it what type of mods i can do to it when i'm on a budget?
Thunderfoot
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: '67 ford f100

Post by Thunderfoot »

:wel: to the site!
For the wire diagrams check here. http://www.fordification.com/wiring.htm
I'm sure someone else will come along and help with your other questions :thup:
Shayne
I'm not "Brand Loyal" Ford-Chevy-Dodge-Toyota I have them all, one even cross mixed...
If it Looks good and Works good then it's ok by me. Everything has its issues from time to time...

69 SWB (project) & 69 Highboy (driver/project)
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... d%20truck/
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10399
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Your shifter should have come with instructions that spelled out how to properly adjust it. If not, I'd contact the manufacturer and see if you can get them to send you a copy of the instructions, or where on their website to download it from.

In regards to "mods", we need more info....like your budget, what you use the truck for, what you want to achieve, etc.

I think the first mod anyone should do to a new (old) truck is to rebuild the brakes, which are the most important component on these trucks. The drum brakes on the '67s were narrow but were widened out 1/2" on the '68-up, so I'd convert the front to discs (from any dentside) and the rears to the wider '68-up shoes/drums.

Why? Well, it's always more important to be able to stop fast than to accelerate fast. ;)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
big e

Post by big e »

thanks for the reply, my budget is to try to stay under $10,000 when it's all said and done. far as the shifter they didn't have anything for the adjustment, it feels like 2nd gear is harder to engage and farther up than 1st or 3rd, I would like to get the gears to shift a little closer than what they are now. : I know I'll have to replace the clutch, I got the adjusted as far as it can go. :?
big e

Post by big e »

what's up kaptnkaos, thanks for the reply, I put in a new switch but when I got the truck there were stuff not hooked up, different wires going to different places. might just have to take it one wire at a time to see what goes where. But with the new switch I put in now it's just finding out which wire goes where.
big e

Post by big e »

hey thanks 4th effie n counting, will check that out with my shifter, didn't think about using the extention on it, hopefully it will bring my 2nd gear back a little closer. will be waiting on the color wires you have to see if they match with mine.
MadMaxetc
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: re: '67 ford f100

Post by MadMaxetc »

4th effie n counting wrote:Just don't ask me where the 2nd flasher unit is (still haven't found mine, but turns work now)
Same here! :lol: I have a heavy duty one in now and it b l i n k s s o s l o w...
Dan

Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4 / Work In Progress!
Daily Driver: '67 F-250 Converted to F-100 LWB / 300 / T-5 / 9" 3.70:1 / 235/75R15 Tires
1/4 mile in 17.64s @ 75mph (it's 4200lbs!!!)
"Work Harder! Millions On Welfare Depend On YOU!!"

FORD Girl

Photobucket Pictures