Clutch linkage came apart

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

Danielg_84

Clutch linkage came apart

Post by Danielg_84 »

69 F100, 2wd, 3 on the tree, 300 straight 6.

Driving home about an hour ago, stopped at a long red light, so I put the truck in neutral and released the clutch. Light turned green, so I went to engage the clutch to shift into first, and pedal went all the way to the floor with no resistance, obviously leaving me unable to shift out of neutral.

Pushed it into a parking lot at a gas station with some bystander help. (I don't know any of the correct terminology here, and this is the first clutch issue I've had, so bear with me.) Got underneath, and there were clearly linkage bits missing between the arm coming down from the cab that connects back to the clutch pedal,, and the actual arm coming out of the transmission that connects directly to the clutch.

What are the actual names of these linkage parts that have apparently come of?

Are these parts something I could potentially find at a local auto parts store, or is this gonna be a job for Mac's?
Montana71-F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Clutch linkage came apart

Post by Montana71-F100 »

That wasn't fun! Try this search under the "images" section of Google: "clutch linkage 1969 Ford f100 3 on the tree"

Try the parts store first. A junk yard might help too. These trucks are getting rare though. It might be a Mac's job though.

Good luck!
hillcountryflt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Clutch linkage came apart

Post by hillcountryflt »

How did things turn out?
I did pull a three-on-the-tree from my 71 and kept all of the parts if you determine you are missing something.
1971 F100 Custom SB Flareside;
2016 Explorer;
2020 F150
2016 Harley Ultra Limited
2008 Ford Mustang Deluxe V6