Trying to identify rear cone

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

Rossd

Trying to identify rear cone

Post by Rossd »

Hello All;
I have been put to what I am getting the sense is a fools errand. I have been trying desperatly to find a rear cone to a ford transmission as seen in the attached photo. This part appears to be unfindable by Google and I am at my wits end. Does anyone have any idea how to better identify and subsequently locate a replacement rear cone matching this one?
Any help is appreciated.
Ross
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wheeble

Re: Trying to identify rear cone

Post by wheeble »

Post a picture of the pan.
1971 F100, Balanced and blueprinted 390. Rebuilt AOD transmission and drive line. Repainted back to factory colors (seafoam lower, boxwood upper).
Rossd

Post by Rossd »

wheeble wrote:Post a picture of the pan.
Wheeble,
Thank you for looking. No pan actually. It connects to a Quaife tranny.

Ross
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

What is this in? What motor? Can you please post pictures of the entire unit? Thanks
wheeble

Post by wheeble »

I googled quaife sequential gearbox. Selected images and found lots of links and info. However, I have zero knowledge of the boxes except they are expensive.
1971 F100, Balanced and blueprinted 390. Rebuilt AOD transmission and drive line. Repainted back to factory colors (seafoam lower, boxwood upper).
mmerlinn

Post by mmerlinn »

I know this thread is old, however based on what I read and see, this transmission appears to be a T-9 box.

Compare with the pictures here (http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,1570799).

Google for T-9 boxes and see if that is what has the correct housing.
mmerlinn (http://mmerlinn.com/catalog/makeridx.htm)

"People who are careless and sloppy writers are usually also careless and sloppy at thinking. Answering questions for careless and sloppy thinkers is not rewarding." - Eric Steven Raymond
Rossd

Post by Rossd »

mmerlinn wrote:I know this thread is old, however based on what I read and see, this transmission appears to be a T-9 box.

Compare with the pictures here (http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,1570799).

Google for T-9 boxes and see if that is what has the correct housing.
Thank you. I'll check it out and see if it gets me closer. I really appreciate the help.
R