68 or 69 F250 camper special in local junkyard

General Discussion Topic Archives
junkyardjeff

68 or 69 F250 camper special in local junkyard

Post by junkyardjeff »

Anyone near the Dayton Ohio are needing parts for a 68 or 69 should check this truck out as it is heavily optioned,the only options it does not have are A/C and am/fm. I took a mint deluxe seat out of it to put in my 66 as it had not tears and one little cigarette burn,this truck showed 86,000 miles and I believe it due to the mint seat and I believe the motor should run as it looked like it had sat in someones yard and since scrap is high that is why its in there. It has a 390 or 360 auto trans,power steering and brakes and has all the factory dual battery parts along with a complete dual tank setup,the bed floor had no rust holes and the sides are decent but it had another vehicle on top and it bent one of the sides down a bit but looks repairable and it looked to have a nice aluminum grille. Its at Xenia iron and metal and its dark blue and it on the walking pathy back to the parts and it might be moved soon so someone go and salvage all the goodies. Jeff
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

i can see junkyarding it but it is unconciable to stack another car on an almost prestine vehicle.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
junkyardjeff

re: 68 or 69 F250 camper special in local junkyard

Post by junkyardjeff »

This junkyard is also a scrap yard too and I dont know why it was not taken back with the rest of the trucks as it was in better shape then most of them in there,I am going back next weekend as I want the rearend and a friend wants to look at the bed for patch panels for his. Since it only has 86,000 miles and looked to be a one owner truck I am thinking about getting the motor and trans along with the automatic column as its close enough in color for my 66 since I have the seat from it in there. Jeff
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: 68 or 69 F250 camper special in local junkyard

Post by flyboy2610 »

If it has the little tabs around the windshield that can be turned 90 degrees to secure a tarp over the windows, I could use 3-4.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html