Amen to this!!

General Discussion Topic Archives
mrsnicks
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Amen to this!!

Post by mrsnicks »

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/uglycar.html

I soo agree... stupid cookie cutter slammed cars, body kits, spoiler on the rear deck... loud music that is distorted and buzzing just for the sake of it being loud.

I know we all have the same model truck but each of us are original in the was we customize them. Why can't they be the same.

Just my :2cents:
Patrick
Chevrolet
Can Hear Every Valve Rattle on Long Extended Trips

1969 F100 4X4 Highboy 390 3sp
1969 F100 SWB 2wd Auto 351w
1972 F100 Ranger XLT 302 Auto

http://mrsnicks.blogspot.com
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10336
xxxtina63
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Amen to this!!

Post by xxxtina63 »

I couldn't agree with you more :clap: . Everytime I see one of them I want to puke. Especially when it's a high school kid who funded their ride with Mom & Dad's money. Tragic :cry: .
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Everyone is going to customize their ride to their needs and what appeals to them but to be done correctly it needs to be tastefully done. Their just seems to be a universal right and wrong way. Alot has to do with where you are in your life I think.

I do think the ricer craze is out of control and there are way too many tasteless rides out there but when done right with a little funding and thought involved can turn out pretty sweet. I'm a WRX and supra fan myself because they come with some power and control to begin with which is a must in my book. Next is looks after the vehicle is completely functional for what your doing with it. The logos letting everyone know what it is are hideous :2cents:
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

i hate body kits. the only car i like a kit on is my boys neon. but then again pumping out 350+ horses out of a neon is impressive alone.
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

I'm with 460. Although I am not a fan of the ricers, I figure to each his own and you gotta admit - some of those things really perform! Nothing like the look of a 67 - 72 but I admire the work that goes into some of the ricers. You can't beat the sound of a throaty V-8 but many of those ricers will leave us in their rear view mirrors.
jor
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

everyone that drives an import is not a ricer guys. a ricer is the pic above and large wings that do nothing and dont flow with the style of the car. then there are import guys, bad ass cars, fast, look good, this is your supras/wrx's and cars that people put money into to break the stereotype of "slow honda" or imports cant be fast.

my buddy has a neon that should brake mid 13's if he can catch traction. with that being said its mostly bolt ons and minor upgrades to a stock motor. not to mention its his daily driver/show car. i will put a pic up in a few.
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

everything was done himself except paint and audio. motor swap to an srt-4 motor was done in the garage by himself as u can see. all the piping intercooler mount, turbo upgrades, were done at his house as well. brakes/struts/springs/axles/everything except paint he did at his house. it started as a stock 2000 plymouth neon with an alluminum wing that he hated. he then went completely ape **** on it and made it what it is today. hes got so much money into it now its amazing, but every penny he spent, you can see, and it makes the car absolutely amazing.
akcowboy

Post by akcowboy »

But he did it himself and can back up the look. A ricer is generally defined as having an import that looks good but loses to your mom's minivan. You also said he got rid of the Al wing instead of going bigger, good job.
Oops... Now What?
I know a mouse who hasn't got a house... I don't know why i named him Gerald.
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

ricer is anyone who street races and flies through parking lots imo. a muscle car guru can be a ricer, its an attitude, not a style car. thats my opinion, the cars are just ***** imports that sound bad, the driver is the ricer, because his attitude.

the neon is deffinately a sight to see in person. its said to be one of the nicest in florida, and to think me and him and some buddies built it in his garage.
studdmstr

Post by studdmstr »

I have to say I am sick to death of the crappy bumble bee buzzing exhaust sound. Sure it's a 4 cyl but spend some money and buy an exhaust that sounds decent. There are very few 2.0 liter engines that need a 4 inch exhaust, that looks just ridiculous. Another thing that gets me is the body kits they put on. Most of them are half way on flapping in the wind and most never get painted. Anyway I'm done with my rant.

Here's one of the funniest pages I've seen on ricers.
http://www.riceboypage.com/
Last edited by studdmstr on Fri May 05, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

the neon doesnt sound anything like a ricer haha. i will find the clip on streetfire when i can.
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

The Rice Boy page was hilarious, thanks for the laughs :lol:
studdmstr

Post by studdmstr »

layedout72 wrote:the neon doesnt sound anything like a ricer haha. i will find the clip on streetfire when i can.
your buddies neon does sound good. It had a nice throaty sound to the exhaust :clap:. I have to admit that car does look very clean and fast. Very tasteful. The only thing that would have to go if it was mine is the spoiler, but that's just my opinion.
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

i like the eye brows over the headlights, makes it look angry.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com