Hope I didnt mess up

General Discussion Topic Archives
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Hope I didnt mess up

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

Just got back from the Ford Dealership.
I have been driving the 67 F100 so much when I get in my truck 05 CC FX4 F350 6.0 I feel like I,m in a tank and then when I get back in the 67 I get that sports car feel lol
Well I decided to look around and see what I could find and I came up with a 06 Reg. Cab FX4 F250 6.0. Now it dosnt give that same feel like in the 67 but it dosnt feel like a tank ether.
Well I thought I had done everything on line price wise. lol I know better than to assume.
First the dealer I like to deal with and always beats every ones price and I have bought my last 4 trucks from does not have this truck in his dealer ship. This means he has to trade for the one I want or buy it from the dealer.
I got over there at 10am this morning, left at 12 to drive 70 miles to see the truck I found, drive back and left Ft. worth at 5 and got home at 7 with all the traffic.
When I left we were $200 apart so we will see tomorrow. My salesman said he was going to bring it down and get it ready for me to pick up tomorrow. I hope this means he is going to come down that last $200 lol
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: Hope I didnt mess up

Post by binder56jd »

? SW Ford in WeatherFORD?
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

You sound like my Dad CJ, he makes car salesmen cry. He always gets the deal he wants though, wish I had that knack.
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

JD, No, its Texas Motors Ford west loop 820 in Ft. Worth. They used to be up on I 30 at Cherry street I think. I never could deal at SW Ford in Weatherford. Only bought one truck at Town East Ford in Mesquite.

Mytmatt, Thanks for the compliment but its really just a give and take kinda thing .5% give 99.5% take.
I,m a bow hunter so patience is plentyfull with me. I just wear them down with there own game. Some times I win, some times I dont. They really hate it when you say, "I aint in love with none of them" or " I drove this one over here, I can drive it home" or " With Fords record losses and drop in sales I,d of thought you wanted to deal Harder than this" or " Does your boss know I,m walking out of here over $200" lol
xxxtina63
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by xxxtina63 »

Wow! You're definitely a hardcore one aren't you CJ,s. I love it! :clap:
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

xxxtina63, Well thank you, lol Just on the big ticket items. I,m a pushover on ebay, Summit and Jegs were the 67 is concerned
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

So how big of hit did you take on the 05 to trade?
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

My loss if you can call it that figures out to be 3/4 of what my monthly payments were when depreciation is included. Well above kelly blue book trade in Excellent and just about to kelly blue book private party exc. I have heard you lose 10-20% the minute you drive it off the lot new so looking at it that way I did good.
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

The Ford dealer called and said my new 06 would be ready at 4pm so I arrived at 3:45 and he handed me the keys and I test drove it. Came back to the dealership and started checking it out and they put the old style TT mirrors on it, looked like 99 models to me with no run and turn lights. My sales man came out and asked if it was ok and I told him about the mirrors. He said just a minute and went in and came back with another guy. I told him that as late as it was to just order the correct ones and I would come back next week to get them. He just drove off in my new truck and the other guy drove off in another new one. He had make ready to take the correct mirrors off the other new one and put them on my truck. 30 min. and I was headed home. He said they could wait until next week that I didnt have to. This may be why I keep going back to him, well that and the best price. Oh and I did get my $200 more off. Charles
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Sounds like a wiene... I mean winner :lol: Good deal. Too bad more places aren't the same way about stuff.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com