converting to elec fuel pump recommeded psi ?

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

SoCal250

converting to elec fuel pump recommeded psi ?

Post by SoCal250 »

Hi I have decided to swap out the mechanical fuel pump for a universal elec pump 4-9 psi i read the mecanical one i had goes up to 5.5 Psi max i had vapor lock issues and problems when switching my tank selector valve the pump loses its prime and wont start and the biggest issue was the previous owner ran the truck with a bad fuel pump and gas was pouring into the crank case and he washed out the engine , I had the motor rebuilt and never want that to happen again . i have a regulator that starts at 5 psi and goes to 12 seems like a obvious question but i never ran a elec pump on a carb before , 69 f 250 265 comp dual energy cam Holly 500 cfm and 1" spacer im thinking just setting it at 5.5 not concerned with WOT since it goes to 12 but its low speed idle im concered with is 5 psi too high at a idle ???????
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: converting to elec fuel pump recommeded psi ?

Post by colnago »

I'm not sure about Holley, but Edelbrock carbs don't like fuel pressure over 6PSI. I would be very hesitant to let it go as high as 12PSI.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
Twisted_Steel

Re: converting to elec fuel pump recommeded psi ?

Post by Twisted_Steel »

:yt:

I run an electric fuel pump on my carbed Ranger truck w/ a 600 Holley. It puts out about 5-7 psi.