93 351w fi

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

93 351w fi

Post by Zorm »

Got a chance to maybe pick up the above engine with all acc. and all the harness / ecm for a jeep project Im working on. Never really looked into grabbing everything, engine and harness before. So is everything in the engine bay or some in the cab. If I do this, should I try to use the gauge cluster from the same truck?

Thanks
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 93 351w fi

Post by sargentrs »

Never done it before, or really know anything about it, but I would get everything in the engine bay and cab, including the master ECM and the harness that attaches to it. If for no other reason just that have the plugs and wiring to splice with. Grab everything remotely related to the engine/gauges/controls. You can toss what's left over if you don't need it but it you do need it, you'll be glad you did.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: 93 351w fi

Post by Jacksdad »

I picked up a 351W a few weeks ago, and I've been looking at possibly fuel injecting it. From what I've read, the '85-'93 Mustang set up is pretty easy to adapt to other vehicles. Now whether that translates to other vehicles of that period or specifically Mustangs, is something I haven't found out yet. I also remember reading about a short run of F series trucks that had a stand alone wiring harness for it's fuel injection (as opposed to being part of the main harness) but I didn't have the sense to bookmark the page, and I've not been able to find reference to it since.
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.