Another Header Question (DNA Motoring)

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

MadJoe

Another Header Question (DNA Motoring)

Post by MadJoe »

Hi everyone,

I know this subject has been beaten to death, reheated and beaten to death again but no where I can find does anyone mention, nevermind confirm/deny whether or not we can use DNA Motoring's BBF FE block huggers in our Bumps (with FE's obviously). I've been considering upgrading to headers for some time now and I see a lot of you have used the Sanderson FF-427 shorties from Summit, but they're not stainless, and still kind of expensive if you get them uncoated (not an option in New England), but really expensive if you do. I'd like as low maintenance as possible headers, so stainless is sounding the best to me, and these DNA Motoring's are also pretty inexpensive - so win-win. Has anyone had any experience with them, or know definitively why they wouldn't fit in a Bump (Amazon, who is known (sarcastically) for their accuracy wrt to auto parts, says they won't fit my truck)?

For reference my specs are: 1971 F350 SWB DRW, 360, Factory PS, Factory PB with Front Disc, C6, 2WD. It currently has a custom dual exhaust setup on it the PO installed that terminates directly in front of the pumpkin. I like this, it looks awesome, and sounds pretty good too. Unfortunately it doesn't offer much in the way of performance because the OEM exhaust manifolds are essentially a bad BDSM partner to our FEs and straight up refuse to acknowledge the safe word.

Thanks in advance!

-Joe
1971 F-350 DRW SWB Stake Body
360 FE
C6 transmission
OEM disc brakes
OEM power steering
Dana 70 4.10 rear end
pchelp101

Re: Another Header Question (DNA Motoring)

Post by pchelp101 »

MadJoe wrote:Hi everyone,

I know this subject has been beaten to death, reheated and beaten to death again but no where I can find does anyone mention, nevermind confirm/deny whether or not we can use DNA Motoring's BBF FE block huggers in our Bumps (with FE's obviously). I've been considering upgrading to headers for some time now and I see a lot of you have used the Sanderson FF-427 shorties from Summit, but they're not stainless, and still kind of expensive if you get them uncoated (not an option in New England), but really expensive if you do. I'd like as low maintenance as possible headers, so stainless is sounding the best to me, and these DNA Motoring's are also pretty inexpensive - so win-win. Has anyone had any experience with them, or know definitively why they wouldn't fit in a Bump (Amazon, who is known (sarcastically) for their accuracy wrt to auto parts, says they won't fit my truck)?

For reference my specs are: 1971 F350 SWB DRW, 360, Factory PS, Factory PB with Front Disc, C6, 2WD. It currently has a custom dual exhaust setup on it the PO installed that terminates directly in front of the pumpkin. I like this, it looks awesome, and sounds pretty good too. Unfortunately it doesn't offer much in the way of performance because the OEM exhaust manifolds are essentially a bad BDSM partner to our FEs and straight up refuse to acknowledge the safe word.

Thanks in advance!

-Joe
Hey Joe, I just finished installing the Sanderson FF427's on my 390. I can tell by looking at what you referenced they will not fit between the block and frame. The reason I can say this is because the vendor accidentally shipped me a set of FF391's that looked identical. The tubes meet at the collector right at the frame, below is a photo of the FF391's
headers.jpg
Here is a couple of photos of the Sanderson FF427's on my 390
IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0955.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1969 F100, 390, 3 Speed, 2WD