Oil sitting on my valves!!!!!!!!

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

fiyaweed06

Oil sitting on my valves!!!!!!!!

Post by fiyaweed06 »

Hi I have a 351 Windsor I have been fighting a smoking problem I think I may have found it. The bottom of the gaskets doesn't look to have any sealing marks and it looks like the gasket was installed to high up the port. the intake was sucking oil like a wick on the bottom 1262r gaskets. the previous owner said he had the heads ported I have the flow sheet but do you guys think this is the root of my smoking burning oil?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RottenAppleRed

Re: Oil sitting on my valves!!!!!!!!

Post by RottenAppleRed »

Is there evidence of oil on either side of the gasket at the floor of the port? You also should check a dry fit of the intake without gaskets and studs to see if there is any gapping in those areas. Head milling and block decking can cause ill fitting intakes.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Been a while since i was into a Windsor, but I sort of think that gasket is upside down...

Follow RottenApples advice too...

What kind of intake?
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Oh, those rotten assed horrible junk felt gaskets again. Man those things are just plain ****, not even fit for static displays much less something that's supposed to run for more then an hour at a time. Oh how I despise you FelPro for making felt gaskets and the wasted grey hairs from fighting your piss poor design. They don't seal, they fall apart when wet with coolant or oil and they are a PITA to remove from the surfaces in spite of just needing 15 psi of boost to push them out of the intake tract walls.

On a serious note, those gaskets are garbage. Buy the normal blue pressed multi layered gaskets and you'll be OK.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Manny »

Ranchero50 wrote:. Buy the normal blue pressed multi layered gaskets and you'll be OK.
He's on it. Dead on it. Heck i have not seen felt intakes in many many moons. Those have been on a shelf a while.. should have stayed there.
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).
RottenAppleRed

Post by RottenAppleRed »

If you are just going to replace gaskets without diagnosing what caused it in the 1st place, get Fel-Pro Printoseal intake gaskets. Toss the end pieces and use Right Stuff on the ends. Dry fit the intake with the side gaskets in place. Check the gap on the ends (this will be the judge for how much sealant to use on the ends.) remove the intake and apply a bead of Right Stuff on the ends of the block where the intake sits. The bead should be double the thickness of the gap you had on the test fit. Let it set for 5 minutes before installing the intake. Do not put sealant on the side gaskets, except for the bottom corners to hold it in place.