LS swap fuel issue

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

hath

LS swap fuel issue

Post by hath »

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a 72' f100 that has a 6.0 out of a 2008 chevy express 3500. Right now it has an inline fuel pump, but it isn't hooked into the ecu so there's no communication there so it's runny real wacky. I've been told of a few ways to fix this. 1. Go carbureted. 2. put a higher psi fuel pump in and plumb in a return line (right now it's a returnless system). 3. Use a stock in tank fuel pump and wire it back into the system. Problem is I can't find the 2 pigtails that clip into the fuel pump. I've read a lot about the different ways to do this, including in line pumps, but I don't get how guys are getting those to communicate with the computer. Any info. would be great. Thanks.
67 bump

Re: LS swap fuel issue

Post by 67 bump »

It's currently not receiving a signal to the pump, sounds like wiring to me. It wouldn't matter what pump you had, no signal = no vroom. Check out lt1swap.com for wiring with the LQ4
67 bump

Post by 67 bump »

I think it only needs 58ish Psi to run the engine.
lilorbie

Post by lilorbie »

maybe the reason that your truck is not running . is the fact that the truck knows that you have swapped in a ls and it does not like it .lol.