Fuel line routing

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

RandyP63

Fuel line routing

Post by RandyP63 »

I just installed a new 69Mustang tank with help from the site. The one thing that I am trying to figure out is how to route the fuel lines to the fuel pump. I ran the start of the fuel line from the tank inside the frame rail to the mid point of the cab, but up ahead I have the steering box(power steering) in the way. How should I transition the line to the front of the truck? Should I start to move the line to the outside of the frame rail?

I am using 3/8 steel fuel line, it is one continuous piece. It is for 70 F-100 short bed. Any advice is always appreciated. Thanks.
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Fuel line routing

Post by Madman »

I ran mine all the way up to the motor mounts, came up to the top of the frame, where I transitioned to a rubber fuel line. I used clamps to retain it to the frame so as to not get near the exhaust. I am assuming the frames are very similar (mine is a 70 F250 4x4).
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
RandyP63

Re: Fuel line routing

Post by RandyP63 »

Thanks for the help, I found a 1/2' hole in the side of the frame, so I added another 1/2' hole beside it. I had an oval, filed it down and found a grommet to run the fuel line thru. It now runs up the outside of the frame with a small rubber hose. Next project.