Crown Vic 351W Motor Mounts

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

EasyE

Crown Vic 351W Motor Mounts

Post by EasyE »

I'm working on a 67 F100 with a Crown Vic front end. I'm swapping in a 351W and I'm currently working on the motor mounts.

The engine will be mounted to the crown vic crossmenber and will be a 2 piece mount. The bottom half that mounts to the CV crossmember is done, but I'm looking for a source for a quality part on a stock replacement motor mount (or at least stock connection points). Like this:

That's from a '96 F250 with 5.8L, fyi. I think all trucks with the 5.8 had these mounts, but I'm not certain of that.

I ask all this, because I bought a set from Advance over the weekend and the quality was so bad I took them back. The bends in the metal were sloppy, there was molded rubber squeezed out everywhere on them, and the angle between the flange face and the mounting stud were different between the two parts (even though they're the same PN for left and right).

I may try an OEM part from Ford, but I'm just wondering if there's a better source? Considering these also: http://www.dufftuff.com/Rubber_Motor_Mo ... p/3114.htm

Thanks.

-Eric