Muffler poll

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

F100builder
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: Muffler poll

Post by F100builder »

Ren wrote:I mean, do you really WANT an audible advertisement of your presence EVERYWHERE you go?
In a daily driver, not necessarily but in a hot rod, sure! :wink:
Patrick

ImageImageImageImage
'56 F100; Must.II IFS, 351W bored & stroked to 395c.i. 470hp/483ft-lbs., AOD, 4-link coilover 9" w/ 3.89's
'69 F100; 390, C6, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's
'70 F100; 'new' and latest project soon to have a built 390/C6 and 3.50 gears
To see more of my F100's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lowfat56
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Ren wrote:You should want your truck quiet enough so you can drive up to your bipolar, ex-girlfriends house and get all your stuff out of the garage.
WITHOUT waking her up. And all the bats in her bell-tower. Or maybe when you show up late for work. And nobody would've noticed. Especially the ever present, back-stabbing, toadying coworker who is only alive due to your desire to not spend your life in prison. All easily avoided if only you weren't driving around in a rolling calliope.
Sooo many things in life go much smoother and with more success if you can avoid making a spectacle of yourself. I mean, do you really WANT an audible advertisement of your presence EVERYWHERE you go?

In todays society with all the intolarant special snowflakes that look down on me for what drive and how I dress.......yes I do!

:yt:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
rabbithunter2005

Post by rabbithunter2005 »

Flowmaster super 40 or 44 I ran them both til they rotted off my truck but it was a daily driver. Right now I'm running mac mufflers on my 69 they have a similar sound to Flowmaster and they seem to be a little bit heavier steel but from what I was told they don't make them no more I got mine off a friends fox mustang. My other truck I have one thrush glass pack and one MagnaFlow glass pack cause the one MagnaFlow glass pack actually blew all the fiberglass packing out the tailpipe and it sounded like a straight pipe so I bought a thrush to replace it. Love thrush mufflers cause they are loud but love Flowmaster cause the tone they have and since u ain't using it as a daily driver like I was I would go the Flowmaster route.
1969 ford f100 351w aod
1967 f250 4x4 351c m50d