Shaker Scoop Air Cleaner

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Shaker Scoop Air Cleaner

Post by BobbyFord »

ultraranger wrote:...I think the best looking fastback ("sports roof" from '69 up, if you want to be correct) was the '69 & '70 models followed by the '67/'68 then the '65/'66.

....back to shakers, this is the shaker on my '03 Mach 1.

http://www.ultrastang.com/about6.php
Nice! That's a good looking car.
tnlprt
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by tnlprt »

First off please forgive the dirty engine.This is my old stand by 390
The grey dist cap
Performer 390 intake
1 inch spacer
Holley Ultra 750 double pumper
Double drop air cleaner base
Dome top lid

The red dist cap picture
427 side oiler
427 Victor intake
850 Race Demon
Dome top

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/ ... 93ab36.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/ ... 892a51.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/ ... e75eb6.jpg
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

tnlprt wrote:First off please forgive the dirty engine.This is my old stand by 390
The grey dist cap
Performer 390 intake
1 inch spacer
Holley Ultra 750 double pumper
Dome top lid

The red dist cap picture
427 side oiler
427 Victor intake
850 Race Demon
Dome top

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/ ... 93ab36.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/ ... 892a51.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/ ... e75eb6.jpg
Nice. That's encouraging. thanks for the pics! :thup:
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Well, I got the hood trim ring today and although I do not have the hole cut in the hood, it appears that the contour of the trim ring will have to be altered.
And...I'm already not happy with cjponyparts-dot-com. They have over $800 of mine and they can't even answer an email. FYI, all of the alloy shaker scoop kits on the market are made by Scott Drake, but he only sells to vendors. My advice, if you're thinking of buying one, is to buy it from Summit Racing or some other vendor besides CJ Pony Parts.
chad67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by chad67 »

Disappointing to hear about your customer service woes! That is my profession, and it's downright disgraceful to ignore a customer who's trusted you with their hard-earned dollars. Hopefully it's an oversight that gets corrected. Keep us in the loop on the install and the supplier saga! I trust the word of a friend over 1,000 so-called testimonials any day!
1967 F100 SWB
1991 Thunderbird 5.0 with fully ported gt40 heads, cobra intake (also ported) and a trickflow stage 2 cam, manual steering, and custom 3" exhaust
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

chad67 wrote:Disappointing to hear about your customer service woes! That is my profession, and it's downright disgraceful to ignore a customer who's trusted you with their hard-earned dollars. Hopefully it's an oversight that gets corrected. Keep us in the loop on the install and the supplier saga! I trust the word of a friend over 1,000 so-called testimonials any day!
Yeah, we'll see. When I PayPal'd them the money, I included instructions to include the hood hole template, so I can cut the hole. I ordered the trim ring on the same day, the trim ring arrived today and I received a shipping email when it shipped. I contacted the vendor to find out why no shipping email for the scoop yet and I haven't received a reply.
Out of all of the online parts vendors that I've used, Summit Racing has consistently provided the best customer service, bar none.
48prerunner
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 48prerunner »

Is the trim ring plastic on the 69 shakers? I have a shaker on my 08 mustang but I have the Saleen Dan Gurney hood, looks like a 69 mustang hood, so i had to contour the trim ring to fit the hood, stock 05 mustang hoods are pretty flat. I used a heat gun and some abs plastic from a wreaked jeep grill we had at the shop. One thing to check on the template mine was printed wrong the centerline was way off. We had to draw a new centerline. Hardest part was taking a drill to a brand new hood.

Most people have good luck with cj's they are at all the big swap meets, kid started out sellling used mustang parts back in the 80s inthe far upper corner of Carlisle swap meets. I bought my cold air kit from them quick ship no problems. I bought my shaker from American Muscle because they had they have a forum discount or price match.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Update on the shipping. I received an email from the vendor this morning. They didn't catch my request for the hood template, so I had to place another order. I was informed that the Shaker kit is drop shipped from the manufacturer.
48prerunner wrote:Is the trim ring plastic on the 69 shakers? I have a shaker on my 08 mustang but I have the Saleen Dan Gurney hood, looks like a 69 mustang hood, so i had to contour the trim ring to fit the hood, stock 05 mustang hoods are pretty flat. I used a heat gun and some abs plastic from a wreaked jeep grill we had at the shop. One thing to check on the template mine was printed wrong the centerline was way off. We had to draw a new centerline. Hardest part was taking a drill to a brand new hood.

Most people have good luck with cj's they are at all the big swap meets, kid started out sellling used mustang parts back in the 80s inthe far upper corner of Carlisle swap meets. I bought my cold air kit from them quick ship no problems. I bought my shaker from American Muscle because they had they have a forum discount or price match.
The trim ring is metal, just like the original '69-'70 Shaker.
I will double, triple check the centerline before cutting the hole :)
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

That's a shame about CJ's. They used to be decent but there prices have always been MSRP+ when at the Carlisle shows. They were always a touch and feel vendor or the guy you got large stuff from to save on shipping. At Spring Carlisle there tent was pretty bare even though the shop was only 30 minutes away.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Email from this morning...
"...Hello,
The answer I received on the shaker kit you ordered is it will be on backorder until the middle of July. There are many different parts of the kit that are in production, or being re-tooled, and the kit will not be available until that time.
Thank you..."
:(
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

BobbyFord wrote:Email from this morning...
"...Hello,
The answer I received on the shaker kit you ordered is it will be on backorder until the middle of July. There are many different parts of the kit that are in production, or being re-tooled, and the kit will not be available until that time.
Thank you..."
:(
The company you selected is notorious for back orders and has plenty of unhappy reports from various customer complaints posted on many Mustang forums on the internet. If you have something from them you want to return for a refund, you better do it before 60 days passes. After this, they won't take it back and you won't get a refund from them. --doesn't matter if you haven't even taken the parts out of their packaging. 60 days is the cut off.

Some have positive things to say about their experience with this company. By the same token, many others don't.

Hopefully, you'll have a good experience.
Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

1968 Mustang. My high school car. Owned since 1982.

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

ultraranger wrote:...The company you selected is notorious for back orders and has plenty of unhappy reports from various customer complaints posted on many Mustang forums on the internet. If you have something from them you want to return for a refund, you better do it before 60 days passes. After this, they won't take it back and you won't get a refund from them. --doesn't matter if you haven't even taken the parts out of their packaging. 60 days is the cut off.

Some have positive things to say about their experience with this company. By the same token, many others don't.

Hopefully, you'll have a good experience.
Yeah, I just gotta wait. All of the alloy scoops are from Drake and apparently they drop-ship. Oh well, I guess it could be worse.
I did get the template, though :)
I simply won't buy from them again.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Update: Well, not really. Alloy scoops are on backorder until late July :(
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Wow, the story just keeps getting worse...

Email this morning:
"...Hello,

I had not gotten a response so I followed up on it. Drake says they are not expecting to have it shipped until the middle of October. Apparently there are several items within the kit that are on national backorder and they are not able to assemble it.
Thank you..."

:x
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

That is the Holy Grail of B.S. I feel your pain, been there, done that, and it just plain stinks.
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8