Gas tank options

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

randyj68

Gas tank options

Post by randyj68 »

"Thought" I had a clean tank in my 68' f100 longbed, bud very abruptly discovered the other day that I was far from clean. Researching the forums I understand that it potentially can be cleaned at a radiator shop, not a good idea to seal it but I also discovered two small holes in it this evening. So, the question I wanted to toss out is: What would be the best option for an under bed tank? Has anyone found one that works or other options? Again, any info appreciated
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if it wasn't for chevy's our tools would rust".
forrestbump
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Gas tank options

Post by forrestbump »

Two options: in frame tank that came OEM in Bumps or rear mounted Mustang tank. Choice is yours, but for the least amount of modification, replace your in cab tank with a used one that doesn't have rust issues. Out here in SoCal they are plentiful.
1970, 2WD, F-250, C/S, Dual Tanks, 390 FE (of course), C6, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Dana 60 3.73, Sky View Blue, Ranger XLT

1970, 2WD, F-250, C/S, A/C, Dual Tanks, 390 FE (again, of course), C6, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Dana 60 3.73, Wimbledon White & Sky View Blue, Ranger (almost twin brothers!)

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do" - Henry Ford

Larry
randyj68

Post by randyj68 »

I'm in central N.C, not many around that I have found
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if it wasn't for chevy's our tools would rust".
forrestbump
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by forrestbump »

Yeah, I understand. I don't know if shipping one to you is do-able, cost wise and if the common carriers will even do it cause it's a gas tank that has been used, so the fumes issue comes to mind!?!
1970, 2WD, F-250, C/S, Dual Tanks, 390 FE (of course), C6, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Dana 60 3.73, Sky View Blue, Ranger XLT

1970, 2WD, F-250, C/S, A/C, Dual Tanks, 390 FE (again, of course), C6, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Dana 60 3.73, Wimbledon White & Sky View Blue, Ranger (almost twin brothers!)

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do" - Henry Ford

Larry
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Get a hold of Tom at Flashback F100's, he's in Reidsville and has west coast trucks and truck parts.