Solicitation for FAQ's

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

DuckRyder

Solicitation for FAQ's

Post by DuckRyder »

I am soliciting folks to write some engine related FAQ's (frequently asked questions).

The goal would be a complete and accurate article (post) containing all of the information on a particular subject.

Our (my) original plan was to try to move on point threads into that section, but the problem is that the useful information is usually spread over several post if not the whole thread.

Topics could include-
  • block casting numbers
  • head casting numbers
  • converting 360-390-410
  • 428's
  • Engine swaps (I think separate articles for each family would be best)
The above list is nowhere near all inclusive, so I am open to suggestions.

I anticipate that even one of these would be a rather significant undertaking, as it should cover the subject completely and address any common questions that might arise. I'm looking for a high quality FAQ with pictures where possible and some practical experience - so while I would not say it is absolutely required that you have done it, I would say that would be a huge plus.

IF you are interested in writing an FAQ please send me a PM with the subject of the article and a brief outline of how you plan to address it. That way we can make sure that folks are not working on duplicates
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper