Tach Wire? Overdrive?

How's your Ford truck parts knowledge?
chazskinz

Tach Wire? Overdrive?

Post by chazskinz »

O.k. this came off of my tranny top left (facing front) corner. it looks like it was either to go through firewall or to engine the way it was connected to the tranny. plugged into the side and up over to the top center of case.
I have a 3sp manual column shift 352 and looks like medium duty ford trans. 67 f100.

Could it be an overdrive wire? I believe I have an overdrive connector under the dash but not sure as I haven't gotten under there yet to really look to identify...
Bought the truck off Ebay sooooooooo.......as of yet though not too much has been in the Frankentruck category...

Could it be a tach wire maybe? that would be nice. It only has one wire coming off for any kind of connection.

Thanks for at least looking and responding with any ideas. Just one more thing before the cover goes on before the snows.
:yt:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:yt:
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Tach Wire? Overdrive?

Post by cep62 »

Welcome to the site.
I'm not sure but maybe a back up light wire?
There may be a switch on the shift linkage ?
Busboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Tach Wire? Overdrive?

Post by Busboy »

I'd consult the wiring diagrams. :fr:
1967 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
Another 67 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
2016 F-150 Eco-Boost 2.7 liter. (It will smoke the tires!)
1972 F-350 Sport Custom cab & chassis.
1972 F-250 Explorer Special, Camper Special.
1971 F-100 custom. 302, C-4, p.s. p.b. factory 65 amp alternator with transistorized voltage regulator.